Kinsella S31, MLB Theme, Filled Topic

World Kinsella Season #29 is in the playoffs and we are in need of a new GM for Season #30. We have a bit of a different approach to combat tanking at all levels of the franchise with financial penalties for minor league infractions and loss of 1st round draft pick for ML. 

This is a top quality world that was originally formed by me (for more info, see my WIFS.com User Interview) through a specific screening process with the following stipulations: 
· Veteran owners only (min. of 4 completed seasons) 
· Active participation and attention to all levels of the franchise (no 0(0) pitching staffs, no studs getting drafted away in Rule 5) 
· Respected by fellow owners The 2nd and 3rd bullet were confirmed by looking at the worlds they were in with transactions, draft records, and reading the world chat. I also sent anonymous surveys to peers in their worlds to ensure that they were a good fit (which I have also done and continue to do with all subsequent applicants). 

Typically, our turnover is very low (5 openings last season was highest ever, typically 1-2) and we have 16 league members that have been around for at least 10 seasons. Other features of this world include: 
· An active blog World Kinsella Blog (We welcome volunteers with interest.) 
· A strict MLB theme as all franchises will remain constant for the history of the world. (The extreme hitting ballpark in Colorado has been excluded. We have added the Montreal Expos and minor league teams from Portland and Charlotte, the two largest markets without an MLB team.) 
· Great parity as all 32 franchises have at least two playoff appearances and no team has won more than 4 world series. 

Our World Rules are as follows: 
1. All team cities and names shall remain constant for the life of the world. 
2. Minor League Win Percentage: Minor league teams (AAA-Low A) are required to win at a .250 win pct. or higher. For each individual team that falls below this mark at season's end, their GM will forfeit $4M from the following season's $185M budget. Each team falling below .250 is considered a separate offense and will be fined $4M for each. Fines will be assessed the following season in this manner: - Upon deciding on the coaching* budget for the season, the GM will add an additional $2M to that amount for each penalty offense when setting their budget. 
- As soon as budget transfers are permitted, the GM will transfer $4M per penalty offense from payroll to the coaching* budget. ($2M per offense will be lost in transfer fees.) 
- Next, the GM will transfer $4M per penalty offense back from the coaching* budget to the payroll budget. (Another $2M per offense will be lost in transfer fees, totally $4M lost per offense.) (* prospect budget may be substituted for the coaching budget if desired as this will not allow a GM to have $20M remain in that budget area without additional transfer fees) 
Each GM is given grace for one sub-.250 team for their entire career in the world. $4M penalties will be assessed beginning with the second sub-.250 team and for each thereafter. Failure to comply with penalties for these violations in the following pre-season will result in immediate dismissal. New owners are not held responsible for the previous owner's penalties. The purpose of this rule is to promote owner responsibility to field a competitive team at every level. 
3. Major League Win Minimums: If any franchise wins less than 54 ML games in a season or less than 120 games in any two consecutive seasons (only seasons with the same GM are applicable), then they will forfeit their 1st Round pick in the following season's Amateur Draft. The forfeiture will be accomplished by placing a worthless minor league prospect (current core ratings should be in the teens or worse) as the #1 ranked player in their Amateur Draft prospect ranking and leaving the player unsigned. Failure to comply with any penalties issued for these violations will result in immediate dismissal from the league. 

Last minute surprise opening in the AL: 
#6 pick, $42.5M committed payroll

Please SITEMAIL me to express your interest.
Thanks!

3/12/2015 3:36 PM (edited)
If you are reading this, you found a great world to be involved in.  Great track record of rolling over seasons quickly.
2/27/2015 3:20 PM
The Oakland franchise has been claimed, so at this point I will take names to be wait listed in the event we have any surprise openings.
2/27/2015 6:38 PM
Playoffs now in the DCS. Still taking names for any surprise openings.
3/2/2015 11:34 AM
Our WS is almost over and 2 GMs have not checked in for about a week and are not renewed for next season, so we may have openings.
3/10/2015 12:53 PM
WS is over. Congrats to the Milwaukee Brewers on their first title defeating my NY Yankees 4 games to 2.

Right now we've got 13 * missing including 2 GMs who haven't logged into the world for a week.
3/11/2015 1:50 AM
Our last opening has been claimed. We are full and ready for tomorrow's rollover.
3/12/2015 3:37 PM (edited)
We have an immediate mid-season opening.  It is going to be a major reclamation project as the team has failed to meet the min win and lost their last two #1 picks. A good player was mistakenly drafted this season and the GM is stepping down.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - San Diego Padres Franchise Profile - Filled

Please SITEMAIL me to express your interest.

FYI:  I am using the ad from two season's ago as we had zero turnover this season until now.

7/24/2015 4:19 PM (edited)
Kinsella S31, MLB Theme, Filled Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.