All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page
6/30/2012 10:29 AM
joflo -- this option is already in place. View your User Settings available from the Team Center. There is an option to disable the updating of your hierarchies after a demotion/promotion.
6/30/2012 10:36 AM
alebenta -- I'm a bit confused by your post about saved searches.

The only time a search is saved is if you hit the "Save Search" button after a search. In addition, the most recent search is always saved into a single slot, "Most Recent Search".

When you save a new search, you are correct in that it begins replacing the 10th least used saved search. But this should not happen frequently, only when you choose "Save Search".

There's an option at the bottom of the Player Search page called "Restore Last Search". If you have this set to "Yes", when you go back and forth from Draft Center to Player Search, you'll see your last search made carry over setup for you.

If you're seeing something different or are still confused, please post follow up questions here.

Thanks
6/30/2012 11:02 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 6/30/2012 10:36:00 AM (view original):
alebenta -- I'm a bit confused by your post about saved searches.

The only time a search is saved is if you hit the "Save Search" button after a search. In addition, the most recent search is always saved into a single slot, "Most Recent Search".

When you save a new search, you are correct in that it begins replacing the 10th least used saved search. But this should not happen frequently, only when you choose "Save Search".

There's an option at the bottom of the Player Search page called "Restore Last Search". If you have this set to "Yes", when you go back and forth from Draft Center to Player Search, you'll see your last search made carry over setup for you.

If you're seeing something different or are still confused, please post follow up questions here.

Thanks
The issue lies in the fact that hitting "Enter" after setting search parameters presses the "Save Search" button, which is illogical. "Enter" should press "Search Player Database", but it doesn't.
6/30/2012 11:11 PM
Posted by walteralston on 5/27/2012 2:28:00 PM (view original):
i don't know if you have this in the works but I would like to see a league progressive page that keeps the history of league stats and records. I realize I can view this with each individual player but I would like to see a page where it compiles every player from every teams history of ie: hits - hrs - rbi's etc.  record books - stuff like that. also after a player retires owners have the capability of  voting on who goes into their league Hall of Fame.

I don't know if you saw, but this function has been added!
7/1/2012 1:59 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 6/30/2012 10:29:00 AM (view original):
joflo -- this option is already in place. View your User Settings available from the Team Center. There is an option to disable the updating of your hierarchies after a demotion/promotion.
Thank You!
7/2/2012 5:39 PM
uncleal - what browser are you using? I could not repro in Firefox or IE - enter was performing search. thanks
7/2/2012 6:35 PM (edited)
Posted by tzentmeyer on 7/2/2012 5:39:00 PM (view original):
uncleal - what browser are you using? I could not repro in Firefox or IE - enter was performing search. thanks
Opera. Also an issue in Google Chrome. (It should be noted that enter does, in fact, produce the search -- HOWEVER it also saves said search, if the Save Search button is appearing at all.)

The bug won't appear if it's the first search you make, because the Save Search button isn't there. But if the button is there, and you do another search and hit "Enter", it saves the search (as well as displays it).
7/13/2012 4:51 PM
I just tried reproducing this in Chrome without any luck.

I perform a search so Saved Search tetbox and Save Search button appears. I adjust First Name and press enter.  Search is performed but it does not save search. 

I'm on a PC - are you on a Mac or non-PC? Are you doing anything differently? Do you have a value in Saved Search text box?

Thanks
7/14/2012 5:24 PM
I'm on a PC, Windows XP... this has been occurring for me ever since the Save Search button was first implemented... I don't type anything in "Saved Search" text box, though I am typically searching by starting from a saved search then modifying it (I have 4 base saved searches, 2 for hitting, 2 for pitching, that I run 99% of drafting searches off of, and another 2 for AAA ID). Typically saving the search this way without a value will result in it saving as "Search #1" or similar. If you check my search queue you'll see it's littered with these in addition to the searches I've used, and modifications of them, etc. (the ones with actual names)
8/15/2012 11:01 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to put it - but I would like the option to have a "next day" rotation.

Currently, if I have a Starter 1/Starter2/Starter3a/Starter 3b - if starter 3a is the next games starter, he is frozen in that position.  Any changes I make to the rotation have to be with a A/B rotation.  I cannot change and just insert a 4 man rotation or make any other changes that would take the 3a/3b part of the rotation away.  

If we had a "next day" setting, that could allow us to make any changes we wanted. I could put the current starter in the bullpen (to go into effect after his start) or just put him as starter 1 or starter 4 or tandemA or whatever.   

I would very much like to see this.
9/7/2012 6:29 PM (edited)
Some great ideas so far.  It's a fine line adding more controls and having too much to play around with.  I tried another Simulation game called Diamond Mine Baseball once, and it had a TON of different controls for managers.  Needless to say, I remain loyal to WIS.  It was too much with that other game and I lost interest.  I see a lot of talk about stolen base controls for individual players.  That might be a good place to start and not add too much else.  I actually like the current look of the site and wouldn't get too crazy adding bells and whistles.  Simply adding more functions for commissioners to set up different types of theme leagues would be a plus.  

I agree with CLWECW's sentiments: I echo the sentiment that functional improvements far, far outweigh the pretty graphics.  This game is not made for the people who like pretty graphics.  Such games are a dime a dozen.

This game is played by those who love baseball statistics, history, matchups across time, and matching wits with other real people (not AI opponents).  
9/8/2012 2:37 AM
I think it would be cool to not only read the box score of each game but watch some highlights of each game!  Not sure if computer generated characters of old-time deceased ballplayers would look very real but surely you could crop in existing game footage from any real life MLB game & make a customized highlight footage of your team.  

Guess I'm just a visual person.  That's why I like the Spank Bank & Volleyball Shorts thread so much!
10/6/2012 2:57 PM
I didn't read through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but I would like to see Home/Away lineup options. Some leagues, especially progs or those where you're using multiple platoons, it would be convenient to be able to set a lineup for home and away games.
10/6/2012 4:21 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/6/2012 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I didn't read through the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but I would like to see Home/Away lineup options. Some leagues, especially progs or those where you're using multiple platoons, it would be convenient to be able to set a lineup for home and away games.
love this ^^^
1/4/2013 12:53 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/6/2012 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Agree, and similarly I'd like to designate some pitchers for use only at home or only on the road.
of 6
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.