All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Theme Commissioner Feedback Wanted...
7/18/2012 4:53 PM
As a theme commish, what are some things you wish you had control over when running a league that you either can't do or need to go through customer support to do that you think a theme commish should be able to do on his/her own?
7/18/2012 5:58 PM
An option to autorealign until all owners with 2 teams are in opposite leagues.  Right now the commish has to click realign again and again until it happens; if there are 2 or more owners with multiple teams, it can easily take 10-12 iterations.
7/18/2012 6:05 PM
Since I run a Place of Birth theme, could you add this as a search criteria in the draft center?  I realize it would take some work to associate every player with the state/country they were born, but it would make researching teams pretty easy, and eliminate confusion of player with the same names, ie Dutch Leonard, Earl Averill, etc.
7/19/2012 12:49 PM
Tom, this may have already been covered elsewhere, but...

Without going through and reading every post on every page of these threads, I was wondering if the new update will allow us to search for an entire franchise (i.e., Braves, etc.) as well as looking for the different versions of the franchise (i.e., Boston Beaneaters, Boston Doves, etc.). Right now, if we wanted to search the entire Braves franchise, we can only search for three different choices at a time.  There's five or six for the Braves franchise alone...

7/20/2012 1:18 AM
Give commishes the ability to send owners' teams back to the draft center.  Some owners enter teams in error, or have to make roster changes and can't figure out how to remove their teams themselves.  Whatever the reason, the commish should have the option to remove teams instead of having to send a ticket to do it.

7/20/2012 1:58 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 7/20/2012 1:18:00 AM (view original):
Give commishes the ability to send owners' teams back to the draft center.  Some owners enter teams in error, or have to make roster changes and can't figure out how to remove their teams themselves.  Whatever the reason, the commish should have the option to remove teams instead of having to send a ticket to do it.

Or give the commish the power to "edit" rosters - 

in this same sense, if an invalid player is discovered, it could take 4-5 days before it is resolved meaning 12-15 games have gone by with invalid rosters.
7/21/2012 3:12 PM
Here's one I think would be beneficial to commishes: 

Let us put a check mark next to rosters we've already approved.  And, if the owner of the team pulls his team out and re-enters it (as sometimes happens), remove the check mark -- thus letting us know that the roster needs to be approved again.
7/21/2012 9:55 PM
Some good ideas already mentioned — the franchise-search suggestion, auto-realign separating an owner's two franchises. being able to remove unwanted teams and being able to track what rosters have been verified — are all good ideas. Also, since a lot of leagues take a while to fill and it helps to have owners setting up teams before the league is actually created, giving owners the ability to set a team salary cap in the draft center would be a help.
7/24/2012 5:00 AM
Some way to track traded draft picks - that's always my biggest headache as a commish..
that and the available players list
7/24/2012 10:52 AM
I absolutely love every suggestion made so far. Commish editing rosters, check boxes next to approved rosters, tracking traded draft picks. All fantastic ideas.
7/24/2012 12:08 PM
I don't know how this could work, but I want a way to see the draft center view of a player.

Let's say I'm running a theme where everyone is using a player's most expensive season. In my commish roster view, when I click on a player's name right now, I just see their stats. But what I'd like to see is the window that lists all their seasons and their salary. 

Similarly, I'm running a league where every player is required to have 2 seasons in WIS. 
7/24/2012 2:53 PM
  • Link the teams on the trade voting page to allow owners to more easily view the stats of the players involved in the trade. Currently, the only way to compare the players stats is to navigate to a different window and open the team stats dialogue box. If you make the team names linkable to this dialoge box, it would make the process of reviewing trades much simpler.
  • Manually setting the dates for the trade deadline and Transaction deadline. Currently, if you set the Transaction Deadline to no (allowing owners to use AAA to the end of the season), the trade deadline is only 6 games before the end of the season instead of at game 120. If you want to keep the trade deadline at game 120, you have to shut off AAA for the rest of the season. Make these adjustable to give owners more control over their leagues.
  • For progressives, including picks as tradable pieces on the in-season trading area would be a nice improvement, espeically if it auto-updated which picks teams had available and which they had traded.
  • There has to be an easier way to verify rosters for comishes. Currently I have Excel spreadsheets of each team in my progressive league and have to manually cross refreence the player/year from the browser with my spreadsheet. I'd love to be able to upload the spreadsheet and auto-verify the roster.
  • Speaking of uploading lists, I've tried in several leagues to use the blacklist/whitelist feature in the them wizard and it is so clunky I've given up. If there were a way to upload a list and have it auto-populate the blacklist/whitelist for a league, that would save a ton of time, prevent roster errors and save on CS tickets.
  • I'd like to see an option where manually drafted AAA players used their real-life salaries instead of 200K. This would help show true salaries of teams in a theme league where salaries matter for divisional placement. Or, these players could even have an option to be counted against the salary cap and treated like a 40-man roster.
  • There is a lot of good in-season banter that gets lost when the season goes away. A way to save the in-season forum posts along with the stats in progressives would let owners go back to re-read the posts.
7/27/2012 7:50 PM
How about a link from the League Page to the league forum?
8/1/2012 6:52 PM
For the 5 year reward money - allow commissioners to be eligible.  Being a commish is a lot of work, if a commish wants to keep all $50 for himself he should be able to, especially if he runs a good enough league to keep 50% of original owners.  

If a commish wants to set up rewards for owners in the league for the dispersal, the commish's team should be able to compete for those prizes as well.   Just because he gets the league founder credit doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to be rewarded within the league as well.  

8/5/2012 11:31 AM
The Commisioner needs more control of the rosters during the use of " LIVE DRAFT " with the Draft Tool !

Believe it or not - some owners can not count to 24 !

They load all 25 players from the previous ( Multi-season Leagues ) Team
before the draft for the current season even starts
& THEN 
Whoops ! Time to start ticket after ticket to fix owners mistakes !

The commisioner needs to be able to correct mistakes and
remove a player from a full team of ( 25 ) players DUE TO :
an owner that can not count to 24 or did not pay attention and drafted a player from invalid year ETC  ETC ETC ! 

ALSO The Commisioner needs to be able to place an out of position player into ANY position on an owners roster IE :
King Kelly 1886 OF - An owner is going to use him as Catcher
without a backup Catcher !

Time to send ANOTHER ticket !
of 2
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Theme Commissioner Feedback Wanted...

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.