All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > 1/14/2013 Blog Update - Suggestion Thread
1/14/2013 4:55 PM
Your feedback welcome here...
1/14/2013 5:07 PM
I would really appreciate some way for league commissioners to keep track of which teams they have already checked. And if a team is pulled out and re-entered it would go back to "unchecked" status.
1/14/2013 5:50 PM
Love the ability to import any of my old teams! Thank you! I'll reread through the post and look over the screen shots, but just wanted to throw this up there for now.
1/14/2013 6:13 PM
not really sure, but did i see or miss anything about the links between seasons for drafting progressives.  I know the commissioners could use help in insuring that teams get the right players and, mostly, the available players list remaining from the previous season and the new players being dropped or added due to rookie status and also adds the previous seasons IR to draft page.
1/14/2013 7:54 PM
^ this 

Having a system that can delete players from the master list based on the teams in the league and maybe highlighting players that didn't have a season previously (on IR).  

The hardest part for me as a commissioner is not just putting the available players list together, but maintaining it throughout the draft.  I work 50-60 hours a week and my time on the site is limited depending on what hours I work, business levels at work, and then most importantly what kind of day my wife and 7 mo. old had! ha - so I don't always get the chance to update the list immediately and would love something that helped in that area.  

I don't know if that is going to be in this update and I just missed it or not - but it is very important!

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1/14/2013 8:42 PM
In progressive leagues, career stats for your team.  The same way you can check career leaders, you should be able to check your team career leaders.
1/15/2013 12:14 AM
Years ago, when Anthony had his great sim search engine that you could use for $15/6 months, he had 2 very nice features. One was a "working page" where you could draft a number of players, showing the same stats you had selected in the player search, so you could compare players before making a final selection. Another was the ability to search for players who played with a particular player at any time. These would be nice to have.
1/15/2013 12:31 AM
Posted by alston on 1/15/2013 12:14:00 AM (view original):
Years ago, when Anthony had his great sim search engine that you could use for $15/6 months, he had 2 very nice features. One was a "working page" where you could draft a number of players, showing the same stats you had selected in the player search, so you could compare players before making a final selection. Another was the ability to search for players who played with a particular player at any time. These would be nice to have.
Anthony also had .CSV import and export of teams from the draft center as well, so you could draft an unlimited number of teams and just save them as .CSV files and then load them into your draft center when you were ready to use them.

I always found this the most useful aspect of his site, followed very closely by the "Compare Players" section you're talking about.
1/15/2013 3:27 AM
i would like to see players futher years , when making a trade.. very helpful in progressive leagues
1/15/2013 9:00 AM
Will the "debuted in" list the year they debuted or the year they were first wis eligible?
Big difference.
1/16/2013 12:53 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 1/14/2013 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Agreed...if I could recommend the 1 most important change you could make it would be this: streamline the amount of work required to run a progressive.  If it would help, there are many of us who could provide detailed info into what functionality would make the most difference.  I would certainly volunteer to do that.
As a commish of several progressive teams I second this. Creating an availables list and keeping it updated is like a second full time job.
1/16/2013 2:45 AM
I like what you have described for the draft center. I hope the ability to look at all manner of information will carry over to the manager's page. When setting a line-up I often want to look at information that is not available when you click on a player's name on you roster. CS% for catchers is not available. The normalized fielding and range ratings are not displayed. For pitchers the normalized HR allowed rating is not displayed. All of this should be displayed in the GM's office too. It's important if you have drafted AAA players. Also the actual fatigue status of all AAA should be available. The mouse-over information that displays on the managers page should show up on the GM page too. It's poor when you call someone up who's listed 100% and find out on the managers page that they are 9% over used and will suffer fatigue penalties as soon as they play a game.
1/16/2013 8:46 PM
Can you include performance history with all the other stats and compare these stats with other players in the search results? Also, if performance history showed all the season stats of players used, it would help a lot more than just seeing the best, worst, and average season.
1/17/2013 7:06 PM
I would like the 80 million dollar limit raised.  I have been here for over 7 years and this limit has not changed but the majors have changed and the players cost more money, so now you cannot get players and this is not a real league sence, raise it to 90 or 100 million.
of 5
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > 1/14/2013 Blog Update - Suggestion Thread

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.