Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Posted by badja on 2/10/2012 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Westbrook - 26 shots, 3 assists, 7 turnovers, 3 fta's.  Dude, you're Robin, remember?!
QFT.  I don't like this guy.  He's makes me think Baron Davis - low efficiency guy that shoots too much.  I might eat my words one day, but I doubt it.  This guy has to change many of his habits and his overall mindset.
2/10/2012 5:54 PM
Another great win. KD with 51, Westbrook with 40, and Ibaka with a triple double.

Westbrook's up to 47% FG shooting and 5th in the league in PPG. Durant is 3rd in PPG. Ibaka is first in blocks. Harden's is the 6th man of the year.

1st in the West, 1/2 game back of Miami for best record in the NBA.

Boomshackalacka!
2/20/2012 8:24 AM
OKC in talks with Derek Fisher!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3/20/2012 6:52 PM
it's perfect for them - do they really want to entrust valuable minutes in the conference or league finals to a 21 year old kid? at the very least having him on the bench and in the room is valuable for a team with not a ton of deep play-off experience
3/20/2012 9:34 PM
The prospect of having Fisher bricking 3's with 18 seconds on the clock during a playoff game scares the crap outta me. I can understand the rationale of having him since Jackson is up-and-down offensively, but at least Jackson isn't a potted plant on defense.

Also scary is if he ends up playing during crunchtime. Ick.
3/21/2012 12:33 AM
Another great win, this time on the road vs LAL. I hate seeing Fisher play. Westbrook deserves to be All-NBA First Team.

Looking back, the hate on Westbrook and Harden is quite amusing.
3/30/2012 5:04 PM
wait i have a question how did okc get to be this good anyway cause i have not been watching basketball this year
4/3/2012 6:36 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/30/2012 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Another great win, this time on the road vs LAL. I hate seeing Fisher play. Westbrook deserves to be All-NBA First Team.

Looking back, the hate on Westbrook and Harden is quite amusing.
First of all, the word hate is the most overused in the english language these days.  it's called criticism and in his case justified.  Or was his coach "hating on him" when he benched him for playing selfishly? 

Westbrook is shooting much better this year which cures everything when you take that many shots.   But Durant is also shooting better than ever, which also makes everything ok.   It's still Batman and Robin and Westbrook still needs to remember that on nights when he is getting 3 assists per game and shooting like crap. 

But I have to compliment him on his improvements.  This will be a fun team to watch in the playoffs.

4/4/2012 10:17 AM (edited)
OKC isn't burning as brightly as they have been and unless SA somehow falters (vs a cupcake schedule) they'll now be the 2 seed. Hoping for Denver in the first round and dreading a Dallas matchup.
4/18/2012 1:52 AM
Posted by felonius on 12/19/2011 9:16:00 PM (view original):
second best player on the team is an erratic shoot first PG whose contract is up next season - they lucked out that the Blazers were dumb about the 50 year old virgin and last year they let danny ainge out think himself - Ibaka was a decent late round pick - for a #3 pick Harden is kind of meh but he'd be great if you'd picked him up as a late 1 rdr or early 2nd rdr
lol at this

harden officially should be the #1 pick in a re-draft of 2009
4/24/2012 11:41 AM
that beard deserves an elbow to the head all by itself - he got what he deserved and hell yes he's over-rated
4/24/2012 10:00 PM
What in the world is overrated about him?  He is all around awesome and pretty much will have good chemistry in any lineup you stick him in, he is an elite supporting player.
4/24/2012 10:57 PM
have you seen that faux hawk? plus he's a punk with a glass jaw
4/25/2012 12:08 AM
haters ghana hate
4/25/2012 1:03 AM
I'm not saying he's as good as Scottie Pippen (far from it).

But he certainly could be the Pippenesque role to Durant's Jordanesque one.  Now they just need to get a real point guard that feeds the best player in the conference the ball instead of a Gilbert Arenas or Allen Iverson wannabe.  I don't care how much the OKC fans say he's improved, Westbrook is a poison.  Let's see what happens in a tight playoff series where he's struggling and it's crunch time.  Will he do the right thing and dish to someone who isn't sucking shooting the ball or will he force something up?

Until he shows otherwise, I'm sticking by my position that he shoots too much when he shouldn't.  Take all of the regular season games where he did well against the Cavs & Hornets of the world and throw them out of the equation.  I want to see what he does in an elimination game, fourth quarter, down (or up) by 2.  I've seen what he did last year.  Let's see who he is now.  Right now I see a guy who has a higher usg% with a much lower efg% than probably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league... on the same team.

[edit] I'll be proud to eat my words if he shows he's matured.

On a side note... I wonder how much Durant would score if he had CP3 running the point instead of Westbrook.
4/25/2012 1:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...18 Next ▸
Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.