Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

I agree with Ash here because I would really love to see Durant just unleashed the way MJ was.  He can certainly score almost as well as the GOAT, although he is not quite there with the daggers yet.  This should be HIS team with a bunch of guys supporting him.  He should be hitting 40 often and 50+ every month or so.

Maybe they don't have that 4th guy to take up the slack, but the point is let's see what happens with KD taking 25-28 shots a game and RW taking 15-18.

Rondo would be a great fit, but only if they got another 8-10ppg player as well.

BTW, more usage does not equal less ts%.  Durant getting to the line more than RW= higher ts%.
4/26/2012 4:14 PM
When you stretch out your usage you are going to choose your shots with less discretion, so yes it does mean lesser efficiency.

Rondo would be a pretty huge downgrade from RWB imo.  If the Thunder are game for a trade in that vein, I hope the Celtics are willing to throw in a lot of good stuff.
4/26/2012 4:23 PM
typically, higher usage does mean lower fg%.  But taking more shots doesn't automatically mean Durant's efficiency tanks.  LIKEWISE taking less shots doesn't mean RWB's goes up (but it should).  But anyway... Using WIS's really, really bad usg% tier system as an example... the player with the highest efg% for a tier 1 usage with at least 2500 minutes all time is... take a wild guess.

If you said His Airness, you'd be wrong.

Karl Malone holds this distinction.. twice.  56.7% and 55%
Then a pair of Jordan seasons (55 & 54.7)
Well that can't be done in the modern game!! (lebron 09-10 season, 54.5%; his 08-09 season was 53% which ranks 7th behind another Jordan season).

I use efg% here instead of ts% because attempting more field goals generally doesn't cause you to shoot worse at the line.

But here's the TS% for those seaons:

What's Durant's season look like again?  31.3 .547 .610

I don't think taking another 1 or 2% of the team's possessions would hurt his numbers that much.

I guess my main issue is what badja said... I want to seem him turned loose.  You have a a great putting up numbers like an all-time great.  Get him the ball more!  Meanwhile you have a very Iverson-esque guy playing point guard.  Only better.

ps - if you lower that usage requirement to 30, you see a bunch of shaqs and a bird pop up.  That's pretty steep company.

But Durant belongs there.  And I want to see more!

4/26/2012 4:50 PM (edited)
When does WIS have the 2011-12 players ready for us??? Any massive changes in store???
4/26/2012 8:23 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say mid-July.
4/26/2012 9:30 PM
crazy talk
4/28/2012 8:16 AM
Actually, the teams are already up on SimMatchup. I'm only curious as to how well they adjust the numbers to an 82-game season. Looking over a few of the teams at first glance from the depth chart page, a lot of the numbers seemed to be different than those on basketball-reference.com
4/28/2012 1:45 PM
Actually, the teams are already up on SimMatchup.

Oh.  Then I change my optimistic prediction to early August.
4/28/2012 4:10 PM
 Mavs deserved that game and will come back to win this series ...book it
4/30/2012 1:26 AM
 Basketball is my 4th fav sport but ive got the Mavs here ...any takers on a bet ? just to make it fun...let me know im good for it
4/30/2012 1:30 AM
i'll put a GC on the thunder, whatever price you prefer to bet.
4/30/2012 9:42 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 3/21/2012 12:33:00 AM (view original):
The prospect of having Fisher bricking 3's with 18 seconds on the clock during a playoff game scares the crap outta me. I can understand the rationale of having him since Jackson is up-and-down offensively, but at least Jackson isn't a potted plant on defense.

Also scary is if he ends up playing during crunchtime. Ick.
Derek Fisher blows! He's going to find a way to lose a game in the playoffs. Why can't Thabo play more minutes and Fisher get food poisoning or something?
4/30/2012 4:30 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/30/2012 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 3/21/2012 12:33:00 AM (view original):
The prospect of having Fisher bricking 3's with 18 seconds on the clock during a playoff game scares the crap outta me. I can understand the rationale of having him since Jackson is up-and-down offensively, but at least Jackson isn't a potted plant on defense.

Also scary is if he ends up playing during crunchtime. Ick.
Derek Fisher blows! He's going to find a way to lose a game in the playoffs. Why can't Thabo play more minutes and Fisher get food poisoning or something?
Because Brooks is a clown.

Fish should never see the floor, Brooks probably thinks he "knows how to win" or some garbage.  Both Cook + Thabo are way superior in every aspect.
4/30/2012 4:53 PM
That was a terrible game with all the ridiculous foul calls. Up 2-0 though!
5/1/2012 1:53 AM
That series plays nothing like that if Tyson Chandler was still with Dallas. The fact Harden got lay-ups over and over and over again was great, obviously, but not something that's going to happen vs anyone else.

There was a Derek Fisher sighting as he played well in a few games.

For all the Westbrook haters, he seemed just fine playing 3rd fiddle to Durant and Harden in game 4.
5/9/2012 6:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...18 Next ▸
Oklahoma City Thunder: 2 Seed Likely Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.