Harden traded to Rockets Topic

The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal that was completed Saturday night. Oklahoma City also sent center Cole Aldrich, and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston
10/28/2012 12:02 AM
holy crap they did not mess around after he rejected that 4 year 52m offer
10/28/2012 10:08 AM
What could he have gotten as a max deal?? OR how far apart were they on $$$
10/28/2012 5:23 PM
 I love James.... and hate the Rockets....
10/28/2012 5:31 PM
WOW, ESPN is reporting OKC offered 4-$55.5 mil, and he will now get 4-$60 from HOU. IF true  in my book that was not a wise decision to leave OKC over $4.5 mil.
10/28/2012 6:20 PM
meanwhile the thunder get martin for one year who will be more than serviceable in more or less the same role AND they get Jeremy Lamb and at least one lotto pick (+ another 1st) which means they wind up with a handful of young quality prospects on rookie contracts and get to keep their payroll down some more - very savvy
10/28/2012 6:30 PM
Toronto pick is gonna be a solid pick and also they got Charlottes 2nd rd pick from Hou which should be in the first few selections of the 2nd rd along with as you mentioned the other 1st
10/28/2012 7:52 PM
$4.5 mil is quite a bit of money... and you never know what might happen, better to secure the $ if you're Harden. Look at Trevor Ariza, got paid and now is irrelevant. At least he's set for life, granted he doesn't blow it all on fancy cars and jewelry.     
10/29/2012 8:06 AM
and beard accessories
10/30/2012 4:47 AM
Posted by earlmantis on 10/28/2012 6:20:00 PM (view original):
WOW, ESPN is reporting OKC offered 4-$55.5 mil, and he will now get 4-$60 from HOU. IF true  in my book that was not a wise decision to leave OKC over $4.5 mil.
I guess the question is 4 years from now in OKC his numbers are probably pretty much the same, but in Houston he has a chance to go to the next level stat and role wise, which might make a huge difference in that contract.  So more money now and a higher potential to earn more going forward.  Seems to me it isn't a slam dunk decision.  not to mention Texas has no state income tax, which is an added bonus.
10/30/2012 4:37 PM
I know its only two games but Harden scoring 37 and 45?  I don't think anyone would of thought that.
11/3/2012 9:39 AM
IMO Harden is a bit overrated in RL. His defense is pretty bad and isn't the same type of go to guy Kobe is or Brandon Roy used to be. It's still early but since I also hate OKC I'm glad that Harden is gone. OKC is also overrated. I mean can a real deal contender be playing a stiff like Hasheem Tabeet rotation minutes and using Cole Aldrich as their go to inside offensive player?  
11/8/2012 10:04 PM
Harden traded to Rockets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.