GO SPURS!!! Topic

all the while, from the beginning of the drive until the end. so in theory the refs should have had plenty of opportunity to notice the mugging 

on the other hand timmy was relatively straight up and down and it was lebron who initiated the contact

so on one end you've ray allen taking a piggy back ride on manu for free and the other you have undeserved gimmes for lebron

who in any event was busy making a half decent attempt to throw the game away himself

and all3 you're right, I have no idea why pops took timmy out at the end of regulation, that was probably the title

6/19/2013 10:50 AM (edited)
Did anyone NOT see the Heat going to make a run at the beginning of the 4th? Popovich had Parker and Duncan on the bench which wasn't going to work with Ginobili playing awful. So he quickly threw away a 10 point lead.

Just some baffling decisions:

1) Kept running things through Ginobili when he was a turnover machine. You'd think at turnover number 4, Popovich would realize Ginobili didn't have it that game. Should have tried Cory Joseph or even McGrady.

2) Taking Duncan out on those defensive possessions. How in the world is Boris Diaw going to provide you more on defense than Duncan? Plus not fouling before they were chucking up 3's.
6/19/2013 10:40 AM
Posted by The Taint on 6/19/2013 9:26:00 AM (view original):
Did they miss the call before or after he took five steps?
I think LeBron calls them Crab Steps.  They don't count for him, so they don't count for his opponents either.  Yet another in the long list of reasons not to compare today's players to the All-Time greats: in the past all those types of moves had one name - TRAVEL.
6/19/2013 11:26 AM
Pop f'ed up that game royally.

I mean, i know he's resting Duncan and Parker to start the 4th.  How about resting 1 at a time.  Use your timeouts better to give more rest.

Manu just sucks.  It's laughable at how bad he's playing.  Why on earth, down 1 point did they not call a TO at the end of the OT.  No, lets have Manu go coast to coast like a bumbling f*cktard.  Worst non-TO ever.

Agreed.  What the hell was that about.  I mean, Duncan is a good defender and a great rebounder.  Another dumb move.  Then, when the Boshtrich grabs the board....how do you not foul him?  You're up 3!!!! 

Now we get to hear about how amazing the Heat are and how clutch Bron is....um...dude played like donkey dick 90% of the game....and was bailed out by Judas Shuttlesworth and Boshtrich.
6/19/2013 11:27 AM
Love the Heat fans booing the Refs....um...seriously?  Heat got away with murder....and Bosh flopping....again..
6/19/2013 11:30 AM
 "MVP" Parker shot 6-23.   "Phenom" Green went 1-7.  Everyone says the Heat can't lose now, but I almost think they can't win.  Spurs did it all wrong and should have won.  If the Heat can clamp down early and get a lead it'll be over.  It'll be interesting.

6/19/2013 11:58 AM
Re: Ginobili, that call is rarely made if the defender is grabbing the ball not the player.  I dislike this call and always have.  But Gino decided to try to flail around rather than put up a shot.  Seen it happen so many times and the offensive player ALWAYS exaggerates and NEVER gets the call!
6/19/2013 10:37 PM (edited)
bad calls on both sides throughout the game.  If you don't want a bad call to decide the game, don't put yourself in a position for it to do so.  Imagine if any of those late free throws the Spurs missed had went in... we'd be talking about the Spurs as champs instead of Miami coming back to win it in overtime (there wouldn't have been an overtime).  Imagine if Duncan hadn't disappeared after early in the 3rd quarter.  Imagine if Parker wasn't 4-20 before hitting those 2 clutch shots.  Imagine if Ginobili played like Ginobili... Now imagine if Lebron HADN'T been trying to throw the game there at the end.  Imagine if D-Wade actually was playing like D-Wade.  Imagine if Chris Bosh was more than just a jump shooter... imagine if Pop hadn't made one of the few mistakes I've ever seen...

Lookin' forward to game 7.

6/19/2013 4:17 PM
Posted by ashamael on 6/19/2013 4:17:00 PM (view original):
bad calls on both sides throughout the game.  If you don't want a bad call to decide the game, don't put yourself in a position for it to do so.  Imagine if any of those late free throws the Spurs missed had went in... we'd be talking about the Spurs as champs instead of Miami coming back to win it in overtime (there wouldn't have been an overtime).  Imagine if Duncan hadn't disappeared after early in the 3rd quarter.  Imagine if Parker wasn't 4-20 before hitting those 2 clutch shots.  Imagine if Ginobili played like Ginobili... Now imagine if Lebron HADN'T been trying to throw the game there at the end.  Imagine if D-Wade actually was playing like D-Wade.  Imagine if Chris Bosh was more than just a jump shooter... imagine if Pop hadn't made one of the few mistakes I've ever seen...

Lookin' forward to game 7.

After reading this i started humming John Lennon tunes....
6/19/2013 5:08 PM
You may say that I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one.
6/19/2013 5:34 PM
Great tune.
6/20/2013 9:06 AM
Man....i'm really debating on watching tonight.  I mean, the Heat are going to win.  Stern won't let it go the other way.  No way do i want to see Bron, Boshtrich and Wade hoist up another trophy.  Phonies....
6/20/2013 9:07 AM
I can see the argument for Stern wanting to force a game 7 (though if that's where you're coming from Game 6 didn't represent his best work...), but now that we're here, why would he care about the outcome?

Although I can see the convenience for you of pre-establishing that if the outcome you don't want happens, it's because the league made it happen. 

(And I'm rooting for the Spurs.)
6/20/2013 9:23 AM
What I don't get is how the Spurs have not been to the Finals over the last couple of years.  They have to be the most hot/cold team I can recall and they seem to shrink in big games. 
6/20/2013 10:31 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 6/20/2013 9:23:00 AM (view original):
I can see the argument for Stern wanting to force a game 7 (though if that's where you're coming from Game 6 didn't represent his best work...), but now that we're here, why would he care about the outcome?

Although I can see the convenience for you of pre-establishing that if the outcome you don't want happens, it's because the league made it happen. 

(And I'm rooting for the Spurs.)
I'm just blowing smoke.

I do think the league would greatly benefit should the Heat win.  I mean, Bron and Wade??  Do i think Stern sways games....i really don't know.  I'd love to say no and be right, but it's just brutal to watch sometimes and not see that Bron and the Heat get away with murder sometimes.

I just hope that SA wins.  I can't stand to see those a-holes lift up another trophy and then ESPN and the rest of the flunkies call Bron the greatest....

If Bron were the Great One, he'd have already beaten the Spurs.
6/20/2013 1:40 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
GO SPURS!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.