2013 Offseason Topic

So the Nets are chasing PP and KG for future 1st rounders.  Sell tickets now and bankrupt your future?  Sure why not!
6/27/2013 3:20 PM
the Nets should be going all in.  Their window is the next few seasons.
6/27/2013 3:26 PM
Are PP and KG considered "All in" though?
6/27/2013 6:59 PM
I don't see the nets doing better - adding clutch, savvy and toughness isn't a bad move
6/27/2013 7:35 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk

-philly fan
6/27/2013 10:42 PM
No brainer for the Nets. Even with an aged Pierce, JJ, and Garnett that's still a great starting lineup. That bench is straight garbage though.
6/28/2013 3:09 AM
So the Celtics got a bucket of aids and draft picks for old great guys and a head case. Seems to be a wash.
6/28/2013 9:03 AM
Posted by dh555 on 6/27/2013 10:42:00 PM (view original):

-philly fan
I think that is a pretty darn good deal for Philly.  Noel and a top 5 protected first in what is likely one of the best drafts ever for Holiday.  Seems like a no brainer to me.  I know Holiday is a rising star, but that team wasn't going anywhere anyway so it makes a lot of sense to me.
6/28/2013 10:50 AM
Posted by moranis on 6/28/2013 10:50:00 AM (view original):

-philly fan
I think that is a pretty darn good deal for Philly.  Noel and a top 5 protected first in what is likely one of the best drafts ever for Holiday.  Seems like a no brainer to me.  I know Holiday is a rising star, but that team wasn't going anywhere anyway so it makes a lot of sense to me.
Not a Sixers' fan but live near Philly, and I have to agree with dh on this one.  People forget how young Holiday is, and he's already a proven All-Star.  He was far and away the best player on that Sixers' team.  I'm not the only one who has visions of Noel being another Bradley or Bol for Philly, and who knows what next year's pick will be.  Only time will tell, but trading a young All-Star for 2 "maybes" doesn't excite me.   
6/28/2013 11:40 AM
ive warmed up to the trade after last nights hearbreak(jrue was my favorite player) but its gonna suck not being able to watch my sixers for a whole damn year....because if they continue to execute this plan properly....my god...this will be an abortion of a team....evan turner taking 20 shots a game?...awesome for our lottery chances but im not gonna watch that sh!t

like all3 said though....we have a bad history with big men in this city....thats why even though on paper it looks like a smart move....no one in philly is high-fiving yet

6/28/2013 3:17 PM
oh....and im not too excited about carter-williams either....i strongly dislike pgs that cant shoot
6/28/2013 3:18 PM
so many teams tanking (watch the lakers join the fray too if D12 walks) someone is going to break the bulls regular season wins record
6/28/2013 4:19 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/28/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 6/28/2013 10:50:00 AM (view original):

-philly fan
Not a Sixers' fan but live near Philly, and I have to agree with dh on this one.  People forget how young Holiday is, and he's already a proven All-Star.  He was far and away the best player on that Sixers' team.  I'm not the only one who has visions of Noel being another Bradley or Bol for Philly, and who knows what next year's pick will be.  Only time will tell, but trading a young All-Star for 2 "maybes" doesn't excite me.   
well Philly is clearly going to be awful, so they will have their very high pick next year as well.  With Jrue it wouldn't have been nearly as high. 
6/28/2013 8:32 PM
They'll suck with Jrue or Nerlens. How bout they don't even bother fielding a team?
6/28/2013 10:31 PM
i cant wait for the devastating tuner/hawes pick and roll game....gonna be hawsome....they should seriously bring back iverson just for this year...theyll still suck but actually sell tickets...ton of stupid fans around here that still think he could dominate
6/29/2013 2:10 PM
1234 Next ▸
2013 Offseason Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.