2013 Offseason Topic

Posted by felonius on 7/6/2013 5:05:00 PM (view original):
it was totally possible, they had a S&T for Bogut's expiring and either Barnes or Thompson in place - the Lakers were prepared to do it (they might have wanted a future first thrown in) - the iggy move actually got them back into the conversation after D12 had initially told them and the mavs they were out

that would have meant getting the extra year at 30m, living in San Francisco instead of Houston and a ready-made conference finalist instead of limited cap mobility for two years and the not quite right fit of  Lin and Asik (who make 15m each next season btw)
sign and trades are no longer the extra year or dollars.
7/10/2013 10:49 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/7/2013 8:01:00 PM (view original):
If I say I think Golden State has a better team than Houston, am I going to get called nasty names?  I look at it position-by-position, and to me it's obvious.  Curry is much better than Lin could ever hope to be, both as a shooter and a ball-handler, Thompson is a better shooter than Harden even if not the "pure" scorer, Barnes' rookie numbers compare nicely to Parsons' and I think they'll be very comparable players but must admit Parsons has set the progression curve pretty high, Lee is miles better than Asik, and GS's bench is better.  That's my opinion, and it will never be proven right or wrong.
well at least one of Thompson/Barnes wasn't going to be there if Dwight was.  Not that Iggy is a horrible replacement, you just can't talk about both of those young guys.  Jack and Landry also left diminishing the bench.

I think there are real arguments for both Houston (Lin, Harden, Parsons, Asik, Howard) and Golden State (Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Lee, Howard).  I do believe GS would be slightly better, but not enough in my mind to make any real difference on the court.  So Dwight went to the place he felt more comfortable (he is good friends with Harden, has worked with Hakeem a lot, and has a big man rather than guard for a coach) and where he would be taxed less (and thus would make more money).

7/10/2013 11:02 AM
All I know about this past draft and offseason is that Jerry Jones has had more "better" drafts than Donnie Nelson...and that's why my Mavs are headed back to the early 90s.....FIRE DONNIE and bring back his daddy!!!!
7/11/2013 9:50 AM
I honest to god have no idea what the Mavs are doing at this point
7/11/2013 3:01 PM
Felonious and malone-   I am really getting tired of your  name calling and bickering over something that has no point. I learned from my parents not to keep argueing with somebody else if the other person is just going to get madder and never listen. The Rockets and Warriors both are good teams. Dwight Howard chose the Rockets. You can share your opinion but calling each other names and what you were doing is meaningless and cruel. You know what? it wont even matter if howard stinks.
     I tried to put this as nice as possible,
~~Name wihdrawn~~
7/18/2013 9:19 AM
You waited 7 days to post that?

I mean, it's right...but 7 days?  I'm pretty sure the issue has been put to bed.
7/18/2013 9:43 AM
Youre right i waited a little but i wanted to show how i felt
7/18/2013 9:32 PM
jlrunruh - please copy and paste an example of my 'name calling' in this thread ( if it is even close to anything past 'dummy' I apologize but this is the f-ing internet so get over it) - immediately afterward please submit a sample of your relevant contribution to any thread on this site ever
7/19/2013 9:32 AM (edited)
I could but I am not going to get involved with this.
7/18/2013 11:37 PM
you cant in either particular - and its the internet get over it - I don't know if you realize this but me and Malone going back and forth has been the only interesting thing happening in this forum in months
7/19/2013 7:24 AM (edited)
I really could, seriousy, and sorry if ''calling names'' didnt mean what I ment but I really dont want to get involved. 
7/19/2013 10:48 AM
felonius, you've edited your posts.

jlrunruh is correct.  You and malone acted like little internet kids.  That said, it's the internet....
7/19/2013 10:54 AM
jlrunruh and 05nomar05

felonius and I have done this many many times.  I like felonius (as much as I can like any Laker fan I suppose..lol) and I enjoy his sardonic take on things.  I respect his opinion and I respect him as a player on this site.  We give each other crap and we don't agree (he is a Laker fan and I am a Rockets fan and also a Celtic lover too) and that is fine.

If you both don't like it log off the site, flush your computer, and have relations with the nearest farm animal.
7/19/2013 5:30 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 7/19/2013 10:54:00 AM (view original):
felonius, you've edited your posts.

jlrunruh is correct.  You and malone acted like little internet kids.  That said, it's the internet....
I did do that - I went back and excised some of the harsher things in my posts - given that I recently got a warning while not using foul language in another thread because some anonymous user complained and given my history with admin I thought it the better part of valor - but I maintain that I didn't use foul language here and it is the internet and by those standards Malone and I were playing pat-I-cake 
7/20/2013 8:33 PM
◂ Prev 1234
2013 Offseason Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.