All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > QB's in recruting being sought after by 1aa teams?
2/22/2013 12:57 PM
So pretty much we can rule out getting any QB recruits this recruiting cycle is the gist of the situation?  Or is it having to wait until after signing day to sign a QB?
2/22/2013 3:07 PM
Carpenter world has 1 uncommitted QB in top 200 (#166), that boy is going to be very popular :)
2/22/2013 4:47 PM
SO I'm wasting my money going after a QB?
2/22/2013 5:18 PM
The QB's are awful....I wouldn't even recruit them on a full rebuild D3 team.  The decent ones are all considering D2 or D1AA teams.  Never seen that before.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2/23/2013 7:43 AM (edited)
Posted by badaxe on 2/22/2013 7:26:00 PM (view original):
Well, Norbert, what are we going to learn from this, except that sucky teams lose and good teams win.

With bad QBs we won't learn what passing is like. With bad RBs we won't learn what running is like.

I had hoped that the beta would be a chance for roughly equal teams to see how the new setting affect play.

I don't feel like doing a total rebuild with bad players.

I am calling this an epic failure.

This is a Beta ... it is not for an individual coach to build a team to win something.

The beta is not even for the individual coaches to LEARN how to have good or bad running backs or QBs.

The purpose of the beta is to test the engine and make sure it is producing the correct results in matchups and that the results are in a range that is the norm.

IF the teams with Good QBs pass well and the teams with good RBs run well and if the best team wins when they are suppose to then this is absolutely the opposite of an epic fail.

Just because my (or your) individual team does good or bad is completely irrelevant ... that the engine does what it is suppose to and that you can control who you have do things in certain situations is what is key here.
2/23/2013 10:10 AM (edited)
And the fix for this WOULD BE, in a real GD world, humans would move up to Div-II and Div-1aa and then there would be less SIMAI teams who all grab 3 QBs at the beginning of recruiting. If we do this for only 3-5 seasons in the beta, then it makes no difference.
2/23/2013 2:52 PM
Ever the apologist
2/23/2013 3:23 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 2/23/2013 7:43:00 AM (view original):
Well, Norbert, what are we going to learn from this, except that sucky teams lose and good teams win.

With bad QBs we won't learn what passing is like. With bad RBs we won't learn what running is like.

I had hoped that the beta would be a chance for roughly equal teams to see how the new setting affect play.

This is a Beta ... it is not for an individual coach to build a team to win something.

The beta is not even for the individual coaches to LEARN how to have good or bad running backs or QBs.

The purpose of the beta is to test the engine and make sure it is producing the correct results in matchups and that the results are in a range that is the norm.

IF the teams with Good QBs pass well and the teams with good RBs run well and if the best team wins when they are suppose to then this is absolutely the opposite of an epic fail.

Just because my (or your) individual team does good or bad is completely irrelevant ... that the engine does what it is suppose to and that you can control who you have do things in certain situations is what is key here.
I'm totally with you, hugh.  We're not paying to play in these worlds and the whole point of this is to test the new game engine and playbook settings, not to win games and build solid recruiting classes.  Whatever team you build in these worlds won't be carried over into paid playing anyway.

Let's just do what we signed up for BETA testing to do: help make GD better.

2/23/2013 3:30 PM
Posted by badaxe on 2/23/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Ever the apologist
Leave your badaxe attitude at the doh foo!

A dog out!

2/23/2013 5:09 PM
I don't remember having that QB issue when Yost was new. Does anyone else?

2/23/2013 5:47 PM
Posted by awags on 2/23/2013 5:09:00 PM (view original):
I don't remember having that QB issue when Yost was new. Does anyone else?

I remember it being an issue; it cleared up within a season or two.
2/24/2013 6:11 PM
Posted by Arfy on 2/23/2013 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by badaxe on 2/23/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Ever the apologist
Leave your badaxe attitude at the doh foo!

A dog out!

Why are we in the beta at all then?
2/24/2013 8:02 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 2/23/2013 7:43:00 AM (view original):

Even if I agreed with your assessment the Beta is showing one thing, at least by the test games one can run.  Without making any changes whatsoever to either team you can play 20 games and the results will be wildly different.  To me this indicates more of the same as to what I personally and others find so messed up in the current edition.  There is way to much randomness and NO predictability.

Now as to you saying it isn't this and it isn't that.....Are you out of your mind?  If we are to Beta test this thing then it should have been as stated earlier in this post, on a level playing field.  Every single team should have been exactly th same talent.  Don't say it can't be done because I play on another site where starting coaches have identically talented teams.  Also the recruiting is a big part of the game.  This is a joke.  I'm having to choose between QBs that frankly I could draft another punter and be just as well off.  Making a TE into a fb is a better option than what is available.  I've seen WRs looking better than a lot of the RBs.  So if this is a "Beta" for us to test then let us test all the features.  No human is currently above DIII.  Why are we having to compete for crappy players that DIIs would normally not be interested in?  To me it makes no sense.

What I am seeing is the same random engine we had before with more window dressing.  Frankly it is the same circus with a different tent.
2/24/2013 8:08 PM
Befor eanyone thinks I am totally down on the game let me assure you I am not. I especially like choosing my Blitz frequency and being able to dhoose who does it.  I like being able to assign who catches or runs the ball and where.  I think there is a lot of good happening here.  What bothers me is the test part shows that the same wild randomness still exists and for me that will be the deal breaker.
of 4
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > QB's in recruting being sought after by 1aa teams?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.