All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Formation and Player Practice in Argento
2/27/2013 2:39 PM
Nothing has changed with respect to player development/practice, so it is most likely something with the beta controller that is having some issue.  We will look into it.
3/2/2013 1:12 PM
OK, so I finally had my last exhibition with my Widner team in Argento.  I have 1 point of total growth from my players in 3 exhibition games.   On my Fitchburg team, I have a lot more growth and some of them have 6 to 7 points of growth.  I didn't see any growth at all the first 2 games at Widner now 1 point for 3 games.  I am hoping there is some bug in the way practice is run based on starters or something that can be fixed.  I guess my question is do only starters practice?  If that is the case, something needs to be fixed.  Is there any way an update to that Widner team can be run to complete the 2 missed practices?  Those two practices could possibly cost me a game or two.  Hopefully not, but you never know.

Also, I had one practice with my new freshman.  Those players all showed 3 to 4 points on formation practice.  I have never seen a player go up that much from one practice.  Is everyone else seeing similar stuff as well?

3/2/2013 2:59 PM
So far I have no improvements in ratings or formation IQ with Aurora in Beva or Bridgewater in Carpenter.  Both teams played 3 exhibitions with practice plans in place and starters/depth charts set.
3/2/2013 6:36 PM
Same here with Alfred in Argento - 3 practice games but no improvement at all.
3/2/2013 7:05 PM
I have had some players improve on my Craven team.
3/2/2013 8:06 PM
No improvement on McMurray.
3/2/2013 8:27 PM
There's been a problem with some games not playing and when that happens practice does not run.  We've been working to address the issues causing some games not to play but it's probably going to take a few more days.

We cleared out the problem games and all exhibition games ran today and practice did run.  However, you typically will not see improvement after one practice because it only shows increases once a full point has been gained (or lost).
3/2/2013 10:39 PM
Redhawk_514,

I think my biggest issue with it is that in the long run, things like no improvement after multiple games will cause a team to lose down the line because of a lack of practice.  Are you looking at running practice for teams that should have had it or not?
3/4/2013 11:28 AM
I noticed higher starting formation IQs for freshmen, and higher formation growth. Through 3 exhibition games, I had several players gain 6 formation pts in formations where I had 15 minutes of practice, much higher than the non-beta growth rates.
3/4/2013 12:02 PM
I've got zero growth in Bava in attributes or formation IQ after 3 exhibitions and 1 regular season game.
3/4/2013 5:01 PM
Cal Lutheran in Bava...3 exhibitions and 2 regular season games, no rating improvements in attributes or formation IQ......and believe me, we could use it.
3/4/2013 5:51 PM
OK the fix is in and almost all of my players have shown good growth.  Thanks Norbert and Redhawk. 
3/7/2013 11:34 AM
Still nothing for me in Romero 3 games into regular season.
3/7/2013 1:07 PM
Likewise in Bava - 4.5 games in, only 15 of my players have had ratings improvement.  Some of those, oddly, show improvement of 4-5 total points. Most 1 point. Then of course all the rest at zero.

Absolutely zero improvements in formation.

Both positional and team formation practice plans have been in place since recruiting started. Depth chart was set during recruiting (don't know if that matters) and starters were not set until a couple games in (again, don't know if that matters).

FYI: Looking at my 5 opponents played so far, a couple have had 3-4 points improvement in formations, with the remaining at 0. And none have had any ratings improvements (not sure how I got the 15 players...)
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Formation and Player Practice in Argento

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.