3/17/2013 8:57 PM
Norbert definitely reads, and responds. just not on weekends.
3/17/2013 10:14 PM
Posted by bjaygee on 3/17/2013 8:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 3/17/2013 6:49:00 PM (view original):
I never thought that it was almost solely about gam planning. I view it that if you have the superior team you will win the majority of the time. If you look at the Bava and Argento worlds in D1a you will see that there were "head scratches" for teams up there to. Personally I would think that WIS would want to throw as many options to us as customers. Does anybody know if Norbert reads these posts or are we just babbling in the wind?
With D1 all SIM generated, recruited and coached teams, running exactly the same basic offenses and defenses, what could possibly be a head scratcher?  
Norte Dame gets beat by Colorado St! Penn St gets beat by N. Illinois, and USC gets beat by a team that shouldn't beat them because those teams do get better talent. Those are head scratchers to me In fact Colorado State ends the season ranked #10, yeah that'll happen with a sim coach. Another head scratcher or sit back and say WTF. If I took to go through each of the 5 confs, I'd find a whole bunch
3/17/2013 10:14 PM
Posted by bjaygee on 3/17/2013 8:48:00 PM (view original):
I never thought that it was almost solely about gam planning. I view it that if you have the superior team you will win the majority of the time. If you look at the Bava and Argento worlds in D1a you will see that there were "head scratches" for teams up there to. Personally I would think that WIS would want to throw as many options to us as customers. Does anybody know if Norbert reads these posts or are we just babbling in the wind?
With D1 all SIM generated, recruited and coached teams, running exactly the same basic offenses and defenses, what could possibly be a head scratcher?  
Norte Dame gets beat by Colorado St! Penn St gets beat by N. Illinois, and USC gets beat by a team that shouldn't beat them because those teams do get better talent. Those are head scratchers to me In fact Colorado State ends the season ranked #10, yeah that'll happen with a sim coach. Another head scratcher or sit back and say WTF. If I took to go through each of the 5 confs, I'd find a whole bunch
3/17/2013 10:31 PM
But those teams don't have better talent today.  Look at the allocation of talent at any of the levels.  It's very close.  Colorado and Notre Dame are almost mirror images in talent in Year 1 of a new world and neither has a "better" coach.  The same is true of Penn State and Northern Illinois.  The teams run identical default game plans, offensively and defensively. These aren't upsets.  Or head scratchers. 
3/18/2013 1:05 AM
Posted by bjaygee on 3/17/2013 10:31:00 PM (view original):
But those teams don't have better talent today.  Look at the allocation of talent at any of the levels.  It's very close.  Colorado and Notre Dame are almost mirror images in talent in Year 1 of a new world and neither has a "better" coach.  The same is true of Penn State and Northern Illinois.  The teams run identical default game plans, offensively and defensively. These aren't upsets.  Or head scratchers. 

So what ur saying is that there is no difference in prestige between those 4 schools?  What was I thinking that ND and Penn St in this game would have more prestige than Colorado St and N Illinois.  I guess that means that when a coach hits that "mythical" 90 win mark and is on the v erge of being qualified for D 1a he/she will be able to pick any school.  I see that as being a problem once we have all the bugs worked out and it rolls over to the real worlds that we have.  If some coaches dont win their first 4 games, then I believe the chants will start coming in "The engine is broken"

3/18/2013 1:23 AM
Umm.. these worlds will cease to exist, and the existing worlds won't have the problem of relying on even generated players. 
3/18/2013 8:58 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 3/18/2013 1:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bjaygee on 3/17/2013 10:31:00 PM (view original):

So what ur saying is that there is no difference in prestige between those 4 schools?  What was I thinking that ND and Penn St in this game would have more prestige than Colorado St and N Illinois.  I guess that means that when a coach hits that "mythical" 90 win mark and is on the v erge of being qualified for D 1a he/she will be able to pick any school.  I see that as being a problem once we have all the bugs worked out and it rolls over to the real worlds that we have.  If some coaches dont win their first 4 games, then I believe the chants will start coming in "The engine is broken"

No, I'm not at all saying that there is no prestige difference.  Prestige helps with recruiting.  Nothing more. And in Year 1 of a new world, particularly a beta world, its effect is incremental.  Those who were playing when Dobie, Hayes and Yost opened have seen this before.  It's not a big deal.
3/18/2013 11:22 AM
Yes, I definitely read them.  I also have posted earlier that the beta engine is in a state of flux because I am reworking some of the play simulation, so play results shouldn't be looked at too critically until I get the changes finished and pushed out.

What kind of options are you looking to be thrown to you?

3/18/2013 10:00 PM (edited)
I look at it as being able to have a choice of what version I'm playing.  I have a team in the Bava world and I have a team in the Argento world and they did as I expected they would do, because the QB on one team was better than the other.  I wasnt here when V 1 was out so I cant say what it was like.  I have enjoyed V 2 and yes there have been times where I have look at the game/score and said to myself WTF.  I gave up on V 3 advanced but do have faith that the basic will be good.  However its hard to tell a huge difference between V2 and basic V 3.  Not understanding the programming of it,  I am not sure why you cant have mutiple versions for the player to choose from?  I guess in the end i want to be able to play the game and have success based on the fact that if my team is the strongest it will win the majority of the time.  I dont want to pay for something that I am stuck playing against guys that want/choose to play advanced settings.  And in the end basically be told in this forum that I shouldnt have success because I dont put enough time into the game or not as much time as others. Am i wrong in understanding that using the advanced settings equals better team?  Kinda along the lines of a beginner, intermediate, and advanced. 

i think your doing a great job and hope that when all the tweaks are done this will still be a great game for all to enjoy
3/31/2013 2:43 AM
Now that some time has passed since the poll was originally put out there, are there any new views, from those that haven't voted.
3/31/2013 11:02 AM
He just adjusted running, has not yet adjusted passing and then both need fine tuning.

How about you wait until is version 3.0 is not Beta before you make your pronouncements.

Do you not see that there are changes every week and he is listening to feedback.

Of course he reads them ... you will see his COMMENTS on many of them ... INCLUDING this one.
3/31/2013 12:38 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 3/31/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
He just adjusted running, has not yet adjusted passing and then both need fine tuning.

How about you wait until is version 3.0 is not Beta before you make your pronouncements.

Do you not see that there are changes every week and he is listening to feedback.

Of course he reads them ... you will see his COMMENTS on many of them ... INCLUDING this one.
Well then - how bout starting with making this version "user friendly".  We should have been able to copy our current game plans to this and that would make it much easier to see and get a feel for the game/version 3.0.  have ran countless test games before and after the changes, only difference is the teams that have better backs, line and such run better.  I'm still banking on the fact that the stronger teams will do better when this gets rolled over
3/31/2013 7:48 PM
Passing is difficult interceptions are to high at this point
3/31/2013 9:17 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 3/31/2013 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 3/31/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):

Well then - how bout starting with making this version "user friendly".  We should have been able to copy our current game plans to this and that would make it much easier to see and get a feel for the game/version 3.0.  have ran countless test games before and after the changes, only difference is the teams that have better backs, line and such run better.  I'm still banking on the fact that the stronger teams will do better when this gets rolled over
Have patience, danielson. The chicken comes after the egg. 
4/18/2013 8:22 AM
I Like version 3.0.  There seems to be so much more you can do with game planning, and what your players are going to do.  Being able to set up a veer/wishbone running attack is a pretty big step forward from 2.0.  Being able to accompany that with a NE Pat's dink-n-dunk pass, well.  And the ability to go a completely different direction, with planned control of player actions.

It has taken a season and a half, but I am looking forward to the conversion. Granted, it can be very tedious for the setup but once complete, I feel I have a very personalized team.
You'll get it JC!  Continious Process Improvement!
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.