All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Loyalty falls if you moved up?
3/25/2013 5:02 PM
Did you notice that everyone's Loyalty fell to B- if you moved up to DII?
3/25/2013 5:30 PM
Posted by scoobybud on 3/25/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Did you notice that everyone's Loyalty fell to B- if you moved up to DII?
Your Loyalty always takes a hit when you change jobs (it takes a double hit when you move within a division).  Our Loyalty grades are actually stored as decimal numbers, and these grades represent a range of scores (e.g., 93.0 to 97.0 could be the range for an A); you take a certain number of points when you change schools, you gain a points when you each season you stay at a school (which is why you may not see a grade change when you move to a new school if were at your previous school for a long time - you still take the point hit, but it may not be enough to show up in your grade). Since we were at our DIII schools for only a season, our scores weren't that high, so we dropped to B- when we moved up.
3/25/2013 6:59 PM
I think I am correct in saying that your loyalty only takes a hit when you move laterally, if you move up it should rise as if you had stayed in the same job. Everyone starts their first season in a new world at B- and works from there.
3/25/2013 7:01 PM
I should have said grades only change when the season rolls over, in these instances moves from season 1 to 2.
3/25/2013 8:16 PM
Ok, so if everyone starts at B-, how much does it improve each season?  Wondering because all the coaches that did not move up and stayed at DIII are all at A- now.
3/25/2013 9:19 PM
Loyalty starts at B-, You will only gain loyalty if you stay at the same school for more than 1 season. Moving up to DII from DIII will not gain you loyalty, but you won't lose any either. Everyone at DII would be the same for season 2.
3/25/2013 10:16 PM
Posted by graham1958 on 3/25/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
I think I am correct in saying that your loyalty only takes a hit when you move laterally, if you move up it should rise as if you had stayed in the same job. Everyone starts their first season in a new world at B- and works from there.
Nope, Loyalty takes a hit whenever you leave your current school, whether you move up a level or laterally (you take a double hit if you move laterally). You used to take a hit just for applying for a job (you could actually disqualify yourself from moving up a level by applying to too many schools, even if you stayed under the 5 school max). Norbert changed that a while back so that you only take a hit when you actually get the job.
3/26/2013 3:51 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 3/25/2013 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by graham1958 on 3/25/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Nope, Loyalty takes a hit whenever you leave your current school, whether you move up a level or laterally (you take a double hit if you move laterally). You used to take a hit just for applying for a job (you could actually disqualify yourself from moving up a level by applying to too many schools, even if you stayed under the 5 school max). Norbert changed that a while back so that you only take a hit when you actually get the job.
But this is a small hit when moving to a higher division. It is much bigger on lateral move.

So for people who moved up... You will be at B- still. People who stayed put will likely move to A-
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Loyalty falls if you moved up?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.