4/8/2013 9:01 PM
just wondering if I have a rb set at 85% ,why does he not come out at 85% I had a guy stay in until 50%
4/9/2013 12:50 AM
I was curious about that also.
4/9/2013 1:41 PM
How many RBs do you have?  And how is their fatigue when this guy is in at 50%?  This should only happen when there are no other RBs available that do not require rest, so for instance, all available RBs need rest and it has to pick someone.  If that's not the case, then it's something we need to look in to.
4/9/2013 8:32 PM

I have 5 rbs,but I did not have them set under each position role so if I have one speed back listed and he gets below 85% does it substitute in another rested back or does it only put in a guy if he is listed under that position role

4/10/2013 10:32 AM
It currently will throw in a player needing rest over someone in another depth chart for the same position.  I think I'm going to change the order of those, so the order in which it fills spots will be:
  1. starters (top players in depth charts) from depth charts set in formation settings - don't allow resting players
  2. other players from depth charts set in formation settings - don't allow resting players
  3. players from the default depth chart for position (will be loaded with all players) - don't allow resting players
  4. players from depth chart set in formation settings - ALLOW resting players
  5. players from the default depth chart for position - ALLOW resting players
  6. players from other positions - ALLOW resting players
Currently, 3 and 4 are switched.  What happened in your case is it plays the one single player in the depth chart even if he needs rest.  What will happen once this change is in is that it will look for another RB following your default depth chart (plain RB) that is not resting before it uses a RB from the specific depth chart that is resting.  So in all cases it will follow your specific depth chart until all those players are resting.  Once it falls through all of those finding they are all resting, it will look for an RB that isn't resting.

One thing to note is that since the engine uses the default depth chart in this manner, it loads up the default depth chart with all players from that specific position into that depth chart following your position role formula for that position.  So say you have 6 RBs and you put 3 RBs in your default depth chart, when loading up the game it will append those other 3 RBs to your RB depth chart in order of RB role rating.

This ensures that we always exhaust all position players in filling slots before we start pulling from other positions.
4/10/2013 1:17 PM
I would like to know what percentage of rest level is needed based on players stamina. For example, in 2.0 it goes from fresh to very tired with a % attached. But in 3.0 it just has "rest level". If a player has stamina of 30-40, what % should that player be so he's NOT still in the game when he turns fully red???
4/10/2013 3:27 PM
If you look at the rest level setting in 2.0, they have percentages next to them that don't change based on Stamina.  80% is 80% for a player with Stamina of 30 or a Stamina of 80.  The Stamina just says how fast they will get to 80%.  The "very tired", "fresh" designation is really up for interpretation as to what percentage you want to consider each.  It's easier just to say you want this player to rest when he hits 80%.  Plus the color coding is tied to the percentage, so 80% for one player is the same exact color as 80% for another player.
4/10/2013 4:32 PM (edited)
So the percentages are how long they are in the game rather than how long they are on the bench? Also, it was easier for me using the "Fairly fresh" and "getting tired" options. Yeah the percentages were included in that and it worked out fine that way. I just wanna make sure that the percentages on stamina are still the same as 2.0. I usually don't have to worry about that due to most my recruits have to have 40+ stamina. That way by time they are Jrs and Srs, stamina isn't an issue, they play the whole game lol
4/10/2013 5:00 PM
I think there is some confusion on what rest level means for both 3.0 and 2.0.  The "fresh" and "fairly fresh" text have absolutely no meaning other than labeling the % values you see next to them.  It's just at some time we defined "fairly fresh" to mean 85%, but the real setting you are setting is that 85%.

Each player starts the game at 100%, or 100% of their peak, or 100% of their ratings.  Basically when the engine uses their ratings, it is using their full rating.  After each play, if the player was on the field, they will start to tire.  This is represented as them losing this 100% and it will start to go down as they play.  This percentage always represents the percentage of their ratings that are used in the engine, so if their fatigue drops to 90%, it means that their ratings will only be valued at 90% - a rating of 80 will now be 72 (90% of 80).  This percentage fatigue has ALWAYS been in the game and those colors you see is just a visual representation of a fixed range of percentages.  The "very tired" designation is just some percentage fatigue but it doesn't really mean the player is actually considered very tired in the engine.  That's up for you to decide when you want a player to be considered "very tired".

The Rest Level is just saying that if a player drops to a certain percentage fatigue, you want them to rest and put someone else on the field.  A higher Stamina player is going to drop in that % fatigue slower than a lower Stamina player.  The rest level percentages has nothing to do directly with the amount of plays they are playing or on the bench.  It just simply says once a player drops to a certain percentage fatigue, I want them to rest.  As they rest, that percentage fatigue will recover and they will eventually no longer be considered resting and get back in the game.

If you are confused, just keep all the players at the basic default 85%.

4/10/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by norbert on 4/10/2013 5:00:00 PM (view original):
I think there is some confusion on what rest level means for both 3.0 and 2.0.  The "fresh" and "fairly fresh" text have absolutely no meaning other than labeling the % values you see next to them.  It's just at some time we defined "fairly fresh" to mean 85%, but the real setting you are setting is that 85%.

Each player starts the game at 100%, or 100% of their peak, or 100% of their ratings.  Basically when the engine uses their ratings, it is using their full rating.  After each play, if the player was on the field, they will start to tire.  This is represented as them losing this 100% and it will start to go down as they play.  This percentage always represents the percentage of their ratings that are used in the engine, so if their fatigue drops to 90%, it means that their ratings will only be valued at 90% - a rating of 80 will now be 72 (90% of 80).  This percentage fatigue has ALWAYS been in the game and those colors you see is just a visual representation of a fixed range of percentages.  The "very tired" designation is just some percentage fatigue but it doesn't really mean the player is actually considered very tired in the engine.  That's up for you to decide when you want a player to be considered "very tired".

The Rest Level is just saying that if a player drops to a certain percentage fatigue, you want them to rest and put someone else on the field.  A higher Stamina player is going to drop in that % fatigue slower than a lower Stamina player.  The rest level percentages has nothing to do directly with the amount of plays they are playing or on the bench.  It just simply says once a player drops to a certain percentage fatigue, I want them to rest.  As they rest, that percentage fatigue will recover and they will eventually no longer be considered resting and get back in the game.

If you are confused, just keep all the players at the basic default 85%.

Ok thanx, and it's starting to make more sense now. And maybe that's why i was getting frustrated, the percentages were confusing me. Thanx for breaking it down for me.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.