All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > v3 Recruiting: Curbing Late Round Poaching
5/8/2013 8:14 PM
I have lost recruits at div 3 that I spent anywhere between 4000 - 8000 on gaining interest.  They suddenly turn yellow the last day before signing starts, and eventually sign with the other team.  It isn't always about thinking you have a recruit in the bag without spending any money. 

Now, I am fine with this being a strategy, but I agree with the above posters that the formula should be increased that grants compound interest.  The longer I have someone, the greater the interest.  People can still steal recruits, but at least there is a reward for recruiting over time and it will make it somewhat more difficult.  

I also agree with the above posters who point out it is usually repeated by the same coaches.  I don't get mad, or even.  I just move on.  However, the game would be more enjoyable if recruiting were cleaned up a bit.  I keep hearing how recruiting doesn't need any work, but this is an obvious example of an issue that adds nothing to the game and could be addressed very easily.     
5/8/2013 9:50 PM
My personal poached rules.  If you turn a guy in the last 12 hours before signing, that another coach had green, you poached.  If te guy is only yellow  don't consider that a poach. Most of the poaching that hits me are in the last couple cycles with the most flagrant if them signing one of my greens when signing starts. hat is funny my one guy that was poached I managed to keep but lost the other one.  The one I didn't get was the one that the SIM wouldn't give up on.  Oh well.  A lot of the recruiting problems would be solve if SIMs recruited after humans.  The SIM teams wouldn't be as strong and coaches wouldn't waste money driving them off.
5/8/2013 9:56 PM
I gotta agree with sleeper as to the threats.  The only one posturing being done is by you hazing.  No offense intended but you have a cherry picked team and really have little experience in recruiting to be yapping like you are.  Cool your jets jr.  We've got enough self centered sobs on here that we don't need another.  Save your breath yammering at me.  You're at the rear of an awfully long line.
5/8/2013 10:31 PM
Two to three years ago I hardly saw poaching. My first 3 years in this game only one poaching sticks out at me. It was a rare happening. Over the last year or so it now happens left and right. It has never been my style to poach with only 3 or 4 cycles left. I get no thrill out of doing it to someone else either. It along with the poor game play is why I only have 1 team. In a couple of weeks there will be none.

What I'm saying is that by and large most of the old coaches played a different game. they are now largely gone. Whats took their place are classless goats. The funny thing is most poachers end up with mediocre classes. But along with poor classes they take more fun from the game for others.

I too am not into the "I turned him green the first cycle with an AC scout so he's mine" game. But when some snipe players with 2-3 cycles left it shows that they are 
an ***.

norbert would be wise to clean up recruiting.  Lets make recruiting not about money. Lets make it like its supposed to be in the game itself. Strategy. If I promise a RB the run of the campus you better be able to one up me to then get the RB. This throwing 60 -80 CV's at a recruit at 1A is just plain dumb and uninteresting to me.

5/9/2013 8:59 AM (edited)
Posted by grindi on 5/8/2013 9:56:00 PM (view original):
I gotta agree with sleeper as to the threats.  The only one posturing being done is by you hazing.  No offense intended but you have a cherry picked team and really have little experience in recruiting to be yapping like you are.  Cool your jets jr.  We've got enough self centered sobs on here that we don't need another.  Save your breath yammering at me.  You're at the rear of an awfully long line.
Greg, you know as well as I do that this is no real forum. Its a barnyard.

Another jackass comes on here and posts and he leaves a big pile of **** where he stood hee hawing.

5/9/2013 9:40 AM
Posted by grindi on 5/8/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 5/8/2013 4:18:00 AM (view original):
to me the answer is: don't get mad; get even. Remember poaching is part of recruiting. so keep a log. move up a division spend the next 5 seasons destroying the guy. Patiently wait to see who he targets. Take everyone of his recruits on the very LAST cycle before signing starts. If/when he moves up to d2, you move up to d1AA. Rinse/repeat. He will complain to customer service to no avail. He will move to another world. and oh BTW, might think twice about his recruiting habits.
Zed got even with Damauler and everybody wanted to lynch him.  Getting even is considered greifing and people have been suspended for it and compensations given to teams thet were greifed.
It's griefing if you drop down a division to harass another coach. If you're in the same division, it's just recruiting.
5/9/2013 7:55 PM
to me the answer is: don't get mad; get even. Remember poaching is part of recruiting. so keep a log. move up a division spend the next 5 seasons destroying the guy. Patiently wait to see who he targets. Take everyone of his recruits on the very LAST cycle before signing starts. If/when he moves up to d2, you move up to d1AA. Rinse/repeat. He will complain to customer service to no avail. He will move to another world. and oh BTW, might think twice about his recruiting habits.
Zed got even with Damauler and everybody wanted to lynch him.  Getting even is considered greifing and people have been suspended for it and compensations given to teams thet were greifed.
They can suspend an alternate ID all they want to.
5/9/2013 9:04 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 5/9/2013 7:55:00 PM (view original):
They can suspend an alternate ID all they want to.
For what you have suggested and advised others to do they could well suspend yours.

Ticket sent.

5/9/2013 9:47 PM
Sorry to disappoint you all but Zed is my brother.  I don't give a rats *** if you believe me or not.  I don't remember what level it was but I remember zed went up a level to a bad team.  His vision was the same as Damaulers was at the lower level.  He poached Damauler and I don't deny it and neither does he but those guys he got were guys that were at his level.  He paid Damauler back big time for poaching him 3 seasons in a row.  I guess paybacks are only the thing to do if you are one of the  click of jerks on here.  Anybody else isn't allowed to do it.  But that is water under the bridge because Zed won't have nothing to do with this game and all the cheating that goes on.

As for suspending alternates, I got suspended for Gino one time.
of 3
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > v3 Recruiting: Curbing Late Round Poaching

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.