5/13/2013 11:54 PM
norbert, on my Bava/DII/Shaw team my QB just sent me a "Why ain't I starting?" letter. Problem is, he's listed as the starter on the depth chart, he's started every game, and he's getting 100% of the snaps. Has anyone else seen this type of glitch?
5/14/2013 1:17 AM
Yes, I just got that today from one of my starting CBs. Do you need to do something (and, if so, what??) to make the starts register?
Very frustrating.
5/14/2013 9:13 AM (edited)
Check on your "Player Settings" page and make sure the "Starter?" box is checked. You have to make them starters under player settings, but I did that. Also, I have 10 other promised starts that were set up the same way, that haven't complained. The only thing different about the QB is that he was promised PT (which he got), but he's not complaining about that.
5/14/2013 11:46 PM
I have a DB marked as starting, but he is 5th on my DB depth chart. I changed him to fourth and we will see if that makes a difference. You would think though if you had him starting in player settings that is all you would need. If that doesn't fix it something is messed up.
5/15/2013 8:45 PM
I can't find the "player settings" page I had a guy drop 25 pts in WE because I promised him to start I had him ranked as my number two OL buthhasn't started either game
5/20/2013 5:05 AM
it's under coaching
5/20/2013 7:22 AM
Yeah, check your player settings, depth chart, and also the offensive and defensive formation pages to make certain you have the guys you want where you want them.  Gets a bit trickier when you have a bunch of custom formations set up, as you may have guys listed as starters on the settings and depth chart pages, but not matching up with how you've set up the formation.  Takes a little time, but well worth the trouble to get guys where you want them...  As Vikesrule said, those are all under the "Coaching" tab.
5/20/2013 7:49 AM
All of the above has been done, and I still have starters sending messages for not starting. Even my only punter isn't starting. Very annoying.
5/20/2013 11:45 AM
seriously guys, he's answered this question a thousand times. Its all about the player settings, and maybe he's added a min plays to get credit now he was talking about. 
5/20/2013 2:50 PM
I have a team in both Bava and Argento and this is happening a lot this season.  Yes, the player settings are set correctly for both offense and defense.  All players that are marked as starters are getting above 75% playing time.  I am only getting 3 DL, 2 LB and 3 DBs with getting credits for starts.  On offense, I have 3 OL getting credit for starts.  I have another thread dealing with this but it seems to not be a big deal to WIS that this continues to happen.
5/20/2013 9:29 PM
In between developers, in a beta, when the beta is at least going to last two more seasons when we are not paying for those seasons. Yeah...actually its not that big a deal. 
5/20/2013 9:57 PM
Posted by noah23 on 5/20/2013 9:29:00 PM (view original):
In between developers, in a beta, when the beta is at least going to last two more seasons when we are not paying for those seasons. Yeah...actually its not that big a deal. 
It is a big deal when the developer knew about this, that it is an obvious bug and yet couldn't seem to fix even this.

It's no wonder he was taken off the job.  WIS/Fox Sports by doing so knows that this is an epic failure.

5/20/2013 11:42 PM
Posted by jibe on 5/20/2013 9:57:00 PM (view original):
It is a big deal when the developer knew about this, that it is an obvious bug and yet couldn't seem to fix even this.

It's no wonder he was taken off the job.  WIS/Fox Sports by doing so knows that this is an epic failure.

a beta cannot be an epic failure. It by definition has not started yet. You can't fail before you start. This particular bug is not a priority, and quite frankly it should not be at this point. There are bigger issues elsewhere. Patience is needed to be objective in a beta, because it is FREE it therefore should be easy to be patient with it. I think that the chuck and pray offense is a bigger problem then not assigning starts in a beta. 
5/21/2013 6:46 AM
Posted by noah23 on 5/20/2013 11:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jibe on 5/20/2013 9:57:00 PM (view original):

a beta cannot be an epic failure. It by definition has not started yet. You can't fail before you start. This particular bug is not a priority, and quite frankly it should not be at this point. There are bigger issues elsewhere. Patience is needed to be objective in a beta, because it is FREE it therefore should be easy to be patient with it. I think that the chuck and pray offense is a bigger problem then not assigning starts in a beta. 
But norbert claimed to have fixed this. The question is, if one thing is broken and the developer can't fix it what else then does that effect down the line?

For those who continued to play the game its not really free. They are still paying to play a game that has been broken for years now. imo when joe conte left he almost had the disaster that he had made fixed. Along comes the great and wonderful norbert who started tweaking conte's game and very much fouled it up. Then he rewrites that engine and makes this mess that produces 300 point scores and 1,000 yards passing on 20 completions and he can't fix it.

Mess. Fail. Call it what you will. By him being reassigned WIS has spoken volumes about this Beta game.

5/21/2013 10:42 AM
It was fixed until recently. I'm not sure what happened as I am not experiencing the problem. The beta cannot be a failure until it is actually released and people are paying for it. By and large I am happy with the actual paid game I am playing. Its not perfect, its a bit bland with not enough control but its a good product overall. This 3.0 engine has the potential to be much more then what our current game is. this thread does nothing to improve our chances of getting a new engine that is working. Sure, let them know something is broken, but this unnecessary negativity accomplishes nothing and makes us sound like a bunch of petulant children. They could have tested this engine without our input and our ability to play in the beta at all. Happened before. 
of 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.