All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Copy / paste function not working
5/17/2013 7:03 AM
My copy/paste function in the offensive playbook is not working as of yesterday, and the buttons look different (haven't tried the new feature in the defensive playbook yet).  I just noticed that an update was done, so that explains the different appearance.  Tried to copy plays within the same playbook as I've been doing and the copy button highlights and turns green, but nothing happens when I hit the paste button.  Anyone else having this problem?
5/17/2013 12:48 PM
Can you please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache or using a private window in your browser (Incognito mode, etc)?  Also, what browser and OS are you using?
5/17/2013 1:45 PM
Dumped cache, cookies, etc...no change...  was working fine on Weds. I'm using Explorer and with Windows 7 HP.
5/17/2013 2:03 PM
Thanks we'll take a look.  Seeing an issue with the pasting the set for Offense but down copy and paste appears to be working fine in IE as well as both for Defense.
5/20/2013 12:14 PM
We can copy inside a playbook both offensively and defensively now.  Thanks !!  Will we be able to get a function that allows us to copy from one playbook to another ?  Or am I missing how to do that in Beta ?  The current version has that function and it is very useful.
5/20/2013 4:48 PM
Ok... so copying page to page (down to down) works, but set to set does not.
5/20/2013 5:22 PM
It's broken. Doesn't work.
5/20/2013 5:25 PM
Posted by cougdawg on 5/20/2013 12:14:00 PM (view original):
We can copy inside a playbook both offensively and defensively now.  Thanks !!  Will we be able to get a function that allows us to copy from one playbook to another ?  Or am I missing how to do that in Beta ?  The current version has that function and it is very useful.
Yes.  We'll be adding the ability to load from an existing playbook.
5/20/2013 6:08 PM
Posted by hazing on 5/20/2013 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Thanks. It's been fixed and will go out with the next Beta build.
5/20/2013 6:20 PM
Posted by redhawk_514 on 5/20/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
When is the next beta build? 
What will it address?
5/20/2013 10:45 PM
Posted by redhawk_514 on 5/20/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Just tried to copy a single play (short yardage run) from one offensive playbook to another-didn't work.
Then tried to copy first down settings from one offensive playbook to another O playbook-didn't work.
5/21/2013 1:36 AM
Ummm... I'm not trying to copy between playbooks... I'm trying to copy sets within the same playbook and it's not working.  I can copy first down to second down, but not 1'st and long to 1st and medium.
5/22/2013 6:20 PM
  • The copy and paste within a playbook has been fixed and released.
  • We plan on introducing a way to load settings from one playbook to another as you can do in GD 2.0.  It will be ALL of the settings from a playbook.
  • We're not planning on allowing a way to copy a specific set or down from one playbook to another.
5/22/2013 6:41 PM
"We're not planning on allowing a way to copy a specific set or down from one playbook to another."

Too bad-it would have made it possible to create a template of your plays in one playbook, and then copy/paste individual plays to quickly create new playbooks or adjust current playbooks. I think it would have greatly reduced time spent gameplanning (aside from the initial time spent creating the template playbook).
5/22/2013 7:13 PM (edited)
Forgot to include that we will also be adding some default playbooks soon.  They will be similar to what the current game has now:
Offensive Playbooks
  • Heavy Run
  • Running
  • Balanced
  • Passing
  • Heavy Pass
Defensive Playbooks
  • 3-4 based
    • Run
    • Balanced
    • Pass
  • 4-3 based
    • Run
    • Balanced
    • Pass

of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Copy / paste function not working

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.