current work: I'm working on getting the passing statistics to line up with expectations/reality. Most of these changes are structural.
work this week: Tight End, and historical significance (I'll explain a bit about that in a bit)
Your ideas are not falling on deaf ears, just quiet mouths. The notes brought up are always paramount to the decisions I'm making in the engine. Sometimes the view of each of the comments contradict, but I do my best to sort through them and come up with an answer that meshes as much as it can.
If you really want to know what I'm working on right now: when I took over the game I noticed that it is in an unsustainable configuration. It's difficult to maintain, it's difficult to test (for me and you) and it's difficult to understand. NOT that I don't understand it, just that the state of the code is a bit convoluted and it's hard to dig down to the desired numbers for the desired situations. This takes way longer than it should for anyone to investigate easy problems. I'm fixing that. Unfortunately this is coming at a time when I have you guys beta testing for me, so the changes aren't as glamorous as you or I would like, but the base is being rebuilt to a point of sustainability and reliability. bla bla bla, right? I know we were hoping to have a completed game before this, but at this point we are not there yet. I'm putting in extra time to get the structure of the game to be reliable enough to be able to unit test the hell of out this thing. I'm tweaking the numbers along the way to better suit the needs of the players and the ease of use, but right now things are not perfect. I believe the numbers are close, but the minor changes that need to be made are way more difficult in the previous structure of the code.
So, while my job right now is not glamorous, neither is yours. I need you guys to play the game and find out what was working before and is not working now. Right now it doesn't have to be the numbers so much (but if you see weird numbers I'm taking notes on all that too.) but stuff like "Starters are broken" and "Tight ends are broken" are super helpful right now. I fixed the starter issue, and I'm looking into TE's this week.