All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Beta Open Thread
10/8/2013 10:52 PM
Will we still be able to have the comparison on player position ratings available to see how we compare to the other team. I know the test game feature may be taken out, but it would be great to be able to have the data on positional strengths to still do comparisons as we switch over.
10/8/2013 11:19 PM

Oriole, I would like to get your confirmation as to whether we'll be able to import anything we've done in Beta to our existing teams.  My guess is no, but I'd like to get that confirmed, before I put any more time into creating any new gameplans, formations, etc.  Thanks!

10/8/2013 11:23 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/8/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Will we still be able to have the comparison on player position ratings available to see how we compare to the other team. I know the test game feature may be taken out, but it would be great to be able to have the data on positional strengths to still do comparisons as we switch over.
That would be cool - a "scouting report" feature like the current "vs" button in the Next Game area of the team's main page - only with player ratings instead of team stats.  Or in addition to team stats.
10/9/2013 1:00 AM
I really hope that the test game apparatus turns into a scrimmage option. I understand not playing against other teams, but man is it useful for setting up a playbook. 
10/9/2013 2:44 AM
Posted by noah23 on 10/9/2013 1:00:00 AM (view original):
I really hope that the test game apparatus turns into a scrimmage option. I understand not playing against other teams, but man is it useful for setting up a playbook. 
I do enjoy it, but it has to do better than show that this is a "crap shoot"
10/9/2013 5:17 AM

I agree. When you do like 20 test games you should not get a wide range of scores. I mean winning by 28 points one game and then losing by 28 the next LOL. If you are playing a similar ranked team I think scores shouldn't fluctuate more than 14 points either way. I'm hoping once they start the first game that any bugs are fixed and at least  90% of games are the out come we expected. I know you can't win them all, but I would be happy with that.

10/9/2013 5:33 AM
UHHHH...  you're actually planning on releasing this without a season or two with injuries and penalties tested.  Didn't you guys learn anything by things as simple as promised starts in the depth charts being haywire for 2 full seasons.  You're actually going to try to release this to paying customers?  I can just see it now...  everyone who hasn't been part of beta buys in, and then you're bombarded after day one, with clients wondering why every player on their team is injured or why they get called for holding AND personal fouls on every single play of the game.  Come on guys, obviously, as seen with things as simple as promised starts and playing time, it's not just as simple as "turning on" penalties and injuries...  there WILL be glitches and bugs there too and you certainly don't want to be dealing with those on a clients dime.

You're right, we can't see into your code to see "how close" you are, but I see what I see, and this is nowhere near to close yet.  This is "the powers that be" pushing for a release and pressuring you into something you know in your heart and brain is not ready to be out there.  My $10 won't be dropped on this yet, and I'm guessing there are quite a few other beta guys that feel the same.
10/9/2013 8:15 AM
This appears to be a half *** decision like everything else in v3. This is not even close to being ready. I actually have no clue after 8 months, since I've never played a test game with the FINAL fix. Oh, that's right, we still don't have a final fix. They'll just tweak it as we go. Does everything flip to v3 on Oct 16, or does each world start v3 as they turn over? Lots of questions remain, as usual.
10/9/2013 8:32 AM
I am not looking forward to this change over. I know most people resist change but I think our resistance is warranted. Usually when change comes you are told about all the benefits of the change. In this instance we are just being told, we know this will be buggy as hell but we promise to try and fix it as we go. I will try and remain optimistic but I see trouble on the horizon. I'm just glad I  haven't added my next 10-season pack yet, I may be gone after my last two seasons are up and I'm sure I won't be alone in the mass exodus.
10/9/2013 9:05 AM

As they say, "the train" has left the station.  I'm at least impressed at Oriole's continued communication of late, as well as his optimism.  Hopefully, for all our sakes, he truly is further along than we're giving him credit for.  That said, I completely understand where everyone is coming from.

10/9/2013 9:09 AM
I'm not paying money for v3. I had already decided to quit when it was free!
10/9/2013 10:28 AM
As for copying playbooks and formations: There will be a mechanism in place to copy playbooks from the version 2.0 of the game and practice plans will remain the same, but there is no correlation between the beta worlds and the GD worlds. So no, anything that is built in beta will have to be duplicated. 

The test game feature was added as a beta tester to help with the flow of the game. It's a great tool, and on the original launch of the game it will not be included. We may work out a different version in a later update, possibly something where you can test a game against yourself but not against other teams. 

Penalties and Fumbles are my priority right now. The beta is running till the 21st, and I'm hoping to push a release with penalties and fumbles tomorrow. That's over a week left to test. Beyond that, while the release date is Oct 16th, the first world doesn't roll over till the 23rd, and then the first game isn't played till after the recruiting.  I understand that many are skeptical, and of course I'm nervously optimistic, but the roll out is actually pretty contained. On the 30th, only one world will be playing new games, and then over the next month, each world will roll over slowly. So while this does appear to be a rather rapid launch, it's actually quite contained and it will give me an opportunity to correct any lingering bugs before the majority of our players get interested. 

SO YES! Be skeptical, come at me with the issues, and keep hounding me for results. My goal is to win you over and to make this engine as functional and fun as possible. Besides that, there will be some extra rewards to all beta testers. So I know that while you may be skeptical and after the rewards run out many of you may leave because there are so many holes in the game. My hope is that you will go into the first season with high expectations and give the engine a shot before you totally give up on it. 

10/9/2013 11:14 AM
Posted by oriole_fan on 10/9/2013 10:29:00 AM (view original):
As for copying playbooks and formations: There will be a mechanism in place to copy playbooks from the version 2.0 of the game and practice plans will remain the same, but there is no correlation between the beta worlds and the GD worlds. So no, anything that is built in beta will have to be duplicated. 

The test game feature was added as a beta tester to help with the flow of the game. It's a great tool, and on the original launch of the game it will not be included. We may work out a different version in a later update, possibly something where you can test a game against yourself but not against other teams. 

Penalties and Fumbles are my priority right now. The beta is running till the 21st, and I'm hoping to push a release with penalties and fumbles tomorrow. That's over a week left to test. Beyond that, while the release date is Oct 16th, the first world doesn't roll over till the 23rd, and then the first game isn't played till after the recruiting.  I understand that many are skeptical, and of course I'm nervously optimistic, but the roll out is actually pretty contained. On the 30th, only one world will be playing new games, and then over the next month, each world will roll over slowly. So while this does appear to be a rather rapid launch, it's actually quite contained and it will give me an opportunity to correct any lingering bugs before the majority of our players get interested. 

SO YES! Be skeptical, come at me with the issues, and keep hounding me for results. My goal is to win you over and to make this engine as functional and fun as possible. Besides that, there will be some extra rewards to all beta testers. So I know that while you may be skeptical and after the rewards run out many of you may leave because there are so many holes in the game. My hope is that you will go into the first season with high expectations and give the engine a shot before you totally give up on it. 

Oriole_fan, have you considered using the first season that's rolled out as a "test" season.  Basically, roll out the game and let coaches play season 1 as an exhibition season to avoid a potential roll out disaster like v2.0.   A "test" season will at least eliminate the worry of problems and glitches affecting records, prestige, and the fear of messing up a season in which a coach feels his/her team is ready for a playoff push/NC title, but falls short due to the engine. This will give all players a chance to get acquainted with the game since the test feature will not be available and also allow more time to learn and set up roles, depth charts, playbooks and formations.  (This is important since we don't yet know the primary cores/ratings formulas for each position) 

10/9/2013 6:12 PM
You still need to fix passing. Penn St and Ohio State the 1 and 2 teams played today. Ohio St had a receiver with 21 receptions and 329 yards. That is totally out of whack.
10/9/2013 7:33 PM
Posted by runnrun on 10/9/2013 6:12:00 PM (view original):
You still need to fix passing. Penn St and Ohio State the 1 and 2 teams played today. Ohio St had a receiver with 21 receptions and 329 yards. That is totally out of whack.
Have you seen my DII Oklahoma Panhandle State team? (Argento)
of 4
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Beta Open Thread

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.