All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Reward for participating in Beta
10/19/2013 12:16 AM
Posted by jibe on 10/18/2013 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fermor332002 on 10/18/2013 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hazing on 10/18/2013 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jibe on 10/16/2013 8:32:00 PM (view original):
How about a reward for those who participated in the Beta known as 2.0 for almost 3 years?

I have participated in 2.0 for 2 years and 11 months now. I have yet to see a reward and if people get rewarded for having participated in 3.0 beta and loyal customers of many years are not it will be another slap in the face.

For anyone's info I have had about zero time to put towards a beta. I have however kept up a team that I have paid money for. But if I know WIS loyalty don't mean jack **** to them.

You never got reward points during your time playing 2.0?
He is talking about not getting reward points for beta testing 2.0 for 2 years and 11 months. Just like the rest of us that stuck with it.
Precisely. Thank You fermor. And fyi hazing the rewards for winning at 2.0 are embarrasing,. I won an NC at 1A and it was hardly enough for 1 free season.

10/19/2013 8:08 AM
And it's not like anyone had a gun to your head and forced you to play 2.0.  You can legitimately gripe that it was an inferior product, but YOU made the decision to keep paying for it.  Thousands of coaches decided they didn't want to do that, and left.

10/19/2013 1:35 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/19/2013 8:08:00 AM (view original):
And it's not like anyone had a gun to your head and forced you to play 2.0.  You can legitimately gripe that it was an inferior product, but YOU made the decision to keep paying for it.  Thousands of coaches decided they didn't want to do that, and left.

Agree. I've been playing this game for eight years or more, and find enjoyment in this game. At the end of the day, this is my hobby and really don't understand all the griping. The game is not perfect, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. Each person needs to evaluate whether it's worth the $10 per month, and if not, move on.
10/19/2013 7:03 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 10/19/2013 1:35:00 PM (view original):

Agree. I've been playing this game for eight years or more, and find enjoyment in this game. At the end of the day, this is my hobby and really don't understand all the griping. The game is not perfect, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. Each person needs to evaluate whether it's worth the $10 per month, and if not, move on.
+1,000...
10/21/2013 6:01 PM
AMEN to that coach_deen! I sure wouldn't pay the sub fee if it really just ****** me off all the time!
10/22/2013 9:40 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 10/19/2013 1:35:00 PM (view original):

i really appreciate this post

i am the same way with the baseball sim, i miss the action when i don't have a team going

all the naysayers can head on down the road

on the other hand, i wish the baseball sim was better, and i wish more people liked baseball, and i wish a gang of new guys would take up the baseball sim, and

i don't think a gang of new guys is gonna gravitate to this college football dynasty thing here

but i wish you all luck
10/22/2013 10:26 PM
Have the beta credits been fully dispersed?  Some of the coaches are talking about receiving them, and thus far, I've got a big goose-egg.
10/23/2013 5:27 PM
I am not sure that the credits that have been dispersed are for beta. They gave out a free credit to everyone it seems. 
10/24/2013 9:55 AM
Our first round of credits are for everyone. We agree that the worlds are more fun when they are filled with real people and not with sims. We also recognize that those players that have been playing with us for years deserve a free season as well.  

In addition, we are going over the list of beta users now and issuing MORE credits for those users soon.

10/25/2013 12:58 AM
I hope that you'll consider those of us that continued to play the beta actively and not just on those who posted all the time. I tried to keep up with everything but it seemed like whenever I came cross some anomaly and then came here to post about it, there were already ten topics on it. Posting one more seemed like piling on. I read through the discussions and then went and ran some of my own tests to make sure I understood what was going on. But I was always a day late.

10/25/2013 9:02 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 10/24/2013 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Our first round of credits are for everyone. We agree that the worlds are more fun when they are filled with real people and not with sims. We also recognize that those players that have been playing with us for years deserve a free season as well.  

In addition, we are going over the list of beta users now and issuing MORE credits for those users soon.

so on the topic of applying the National Championships we won in beta to the WIS profiles? basically allowing us to add the titles to our normal GD record
10/25/2013 9:18 PM
Posted by secret_agent on 10/25/2013 9:02:00 PM (view original):

so on the topic of applying the National Championships we won in beta to the WIS profiles? basically allowing us to add the titles to our normal GD record
Beta titles are meaningless.  They were against terrible competition in empty worlds made up of non paying customers.  

It shouldn't be too hard to win some NCs in pay worlds now that you have a head start.
10/27/2013 1:06 AM
Posted by slid64er on 10/25/2013 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by secret_agent on 10/25/2013 9:02:00 PM (view original):

Beta titles are meaningless.  They were against terrible competition in empty worlds made up of non paying customers.  

It shouldn't be too hard to win some NCs in pay worlds now that you have a head start.
Geeze, man...
11/18/2013 2:41 PM
did this ever happen?
11/20/2013 12:22 AM
nope
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Reward for participating in Beta

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.