How to decide what type of offense you should run? Topic

Can any veteran of simleague basketball explain to me which offense benefits which kind of team more...or if it's just kind of do whatever you want.  By offenses I mean slow down, half court, and up tempo.
2/3/2012 1:32 AM
If your team isn't vastly outclassed by your opponent, run up-tempo.  Slow down is for when your opponent has a clear advantage over you and you're trying to get the best chance of statistical outliers to determine the outcome of the game.
2/3/2012 3:23 AM
Thanks.
2/3/2012 9:56 PM
I recently made a team with LBJ, D-Rose and Julius Erving. Should I run up-tempo? My only issue is I worry about the turnovers but all in they aren't that bad IRL (roughly 17.9pg). Also is it worth it to try press defense?
2/25/2013 1:22 PM
Other than perhaps the last few minutes of the game, I'd almost always recommend running up tempo offense and not a press defense.
2/25/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/3/2012 3:23:00 AM (view original):
If your team isn't vastly outclassed by your opponent, run up-tempo.  Slow down is for when your opponent has a clear advantage over you and you're trying to get the best chance of statistical outliers to determine the outcome of the game.
This still applies.
2/25/2013 4:30 PM
Thanks guys.
2/25/2013 11:45 PM
How to decide what type of offense you should run? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.