Low FG%, Low FTA, High Turnovers Topic

Posted by redman27 on 12/4/2012 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I haven't played WIS much over the last couple years and just started again.  I'm confused on my current team, which was leading the league in turnovers for a while, and in the bottom 1/3 of the league in FGA, FG%, FTA.  I've run up tempo until the last 2 games as there was no positive offset of the turnovers.  I have drafted more than enough usage using the point system, high efg%, a comparatively high number of FTA, comparatively average to below turnovers, and 65-75 ast% on the floor at all times.

I don't normally get too analytical but for some reason this team is driving me nuts. Is there something I'm missing that is killing my offense?

That appears to be a league with a $52M cap.  The defenses are usually good at caps that high (take a look at the defensive ratings of ur divisional opponents).  IMO, u drafted about 700 more minutes than u needed; and, ur starters eFG% isn't that great for a $52M cap.
12/4/2012 6:25 PM
and also turnovers over-generate, they just do TOV%s be damned

and well, this **** is just random anyway so best not to get overly analytical
12/4/2012 7:15 PM
You're right I drafted too many minutes which was also true when I compared to others in the league, and my defense ratings are on the lower end comparably.  For some reason I thought I would be better on offense overall.  The combo of low fg, low FTA, and high turnover led me to think some kind of penalty was in effect.  When I looked at efg% for others in the league I stacked up pretty well top to bottom, but that being said many teams have all 90-100 def rating and I suppose a newer engine could have a major effect....
12/5/2012 2:28 PM
Low FG%, Low FTA, High Turnovers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.