6 new software people Topic

WIS has posted that they are hiring 6 new software people.  Think any of them will ever sniff the NBA SIM?
2/11/2013 4:01 PM
I don't see how they could avoid it.... the smell coming off the NBA SIM stinks pretty badly!
2/11/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/11/2013 4:23:00 PM (view original):
I don't see how they could avoid it.... the smell coming off the NBA SIM stinks pretty badly!
But do they care?  They've already let dozens on dedicated, long-time owners walk without doing anything for years.
2/12/2013 9:28 AM
sorry... I was going for the literal sense while being sarcastic.  My prediction:  nothing changes.
2/12/2013 6:48 PM
Sadly, that's the very likely thing.
2/13/2013 8:46 AM
Well, looks like these guys are going to work on the NBA SIM as much as Seble.  What a shame that such a nice product is treated like garbage by the company who has it.
5/28/2013 10:00 AM
Unfortunately I think until FOX Sports has a contract with the NBA that's going to be the case.
5/28/2013 1:53 PM
I wish they would promote it more, so we could get more owners in the BB SIM. I'm probably alone in thinking the SIM is in pretty good shape, but I don't know how things are in the other sports. What I really want is amimation...I'm not holding my breath while waiting though.
5/28/2013 1:59 PM
I don't know if it will mean anything, but I sent in the following ticket and received the following response. Not sure how accurate their response is:

7/31/2014 6:26 PM
bkbillups
It appears that it's been a while since there has been any update to the Basketball SIM. As someone who does put in money to this website, I would like to know if there is any plan to have any update within this year? I see that in other sports, the suggestions are usually responded to by an administrator, but this doesn't seem to be the case in the NBA SIM.
If your response is, that there is no scheduled update to the NBA SIM at this time, then when will the NBA SIM be given some attention?
I realize that your money makers are Baseball and Dynasty leagues, but you're losing owners on a recurring basis due to the lack of attention in the NBA SIM.

Response:
8/4/2014 1:03 PM Customer Support
We fully sympathize with the frustration at the lack of game updates. Believe it or not, we feel that same frustration here. We've taken on a number of projects and our resources are pretty thin right now. However, please understand that we haven't abandoned the games. We have plenty of ideas, and it's only a matter of time for us to get back to where we're updating them more regularly.

Unfortunately, I can't give a specific answer to what's coming next or when.

8/14/2014 9:34 PM
I believe them. But nothing will happen unless someone gets WIS away from Fox.
8/14/2014 9:41 PM
so wait did they add 6 programmers or do they have no resources? why would they say the one thing and then the other?
8/14/2014 11:44 PM
maybe they hired 6 programmers to replace the 8 that got good jobs.....
8/15/2014 1:55 PM
Where do you start updating circa 90's product???
8/15/2014 1:56 PM
Well.. Total rebuild of the code?
8/15/2014 4:29 PM
12 Next ▸
6 new software people Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.