State Farm Squads: How Can I Assist? Topic

jesus smokey57 it's amazing how certain you are about something you're so wrong about
5/25/2013 4:00 PM
KMA
5/25/2013 4:39 PM
Yes Ash, Killer Watermelons was my third championship. I rode '67 Wilt and a bunch of high efg% and ast% guys to the title!
5/25/2013 4:43 PM
How many true Progressive leagues are you and Balonius in, Ash?
5/25/2013 4:47 PM
I was in a progressive with ash for about 20 seasons..
5/25/2013 4:54 PM
Last time I looked Progressive leagues and Open leagues used the same SIM. A monkey with a dart, could put together a good team using the top 5% of the players.
5/25/2013 4:54 PM
Where's he now logain, you and I are out there, but I don't see Ash or Felon? The whole idea that somehow a Progressive league is not indicative of how the SIM works is BS, Ben's doing the same thing with the same results in open leagues that I'm doing in Prog leagues. Get a clue...
5/25/2013 5:07 PM
I'm in the Parallel Progressive League (i'm in your division, idiot) & the Double Season Progressive currently.
I was in/founded the PCL but went through a lot of RL stuff and sadly let the league die.
I was in the Ultimate Progressive League for all 3 iterations of it (took over a team in the first & was there for the full duration - 9+ seasons each - in the 2nd & 3rd iterations).
I was in the All-Time Regressive League for about 10 seasons.

I know a thing or two about progressives.  And you know absolutely nothing about the sim.  You show evidence of that every time you open your mouth.  Quit trolling.

For reference:

Team W-L PCT GB L10 STRK Owner  
Ashizona Mustangs 47-19 0.712 - 7-3 W5 ashamael  
Los Angeles Showtime 40-26 0.606 7 6-4 W1 kdforester  
Tanglandia Tanglanders 32-34 0.485 15 3-7 L1 tanguma44  
Kansas City Kings II 31-35 0.470 16 5-5 L1 skypilot  
SanDiego Board Lords S2 29-37 0.439 18 5-5 W1 smokey57  
San Antonio Spurs 24-42 0.364 23 3-7 L4 katernberg  

5/25/2013 5:32 PM (edited)
Posted by smokey57 on 5/25/2013 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Last time I looked Progressive leagues and Open leagues used the same SIM. A monkey with a dart, could put together a good team using the top 5% of the players.
Your ignorance is astounding.

We'll put up some more facts just to help the other posters decide who to listen to.

SimLeague Basketball

Full Seasons: 151

Exhibitions: 1

Record
9585-4347 (0.688)
Playoff Record
1050-708 (0.597)
Playoff Appearances
Finals Appearances
Championships
Owner Rating

SimLeague Basketball

Full Seasons: 46

Exhibitions: 2

Record
1749-1757 (0.499)
Playoff Record
97-81 (0.545)
Playoff Appearances
Finals Appearances
Championships
Owner Rating

5/25/2013 5:39 PM (edited)
Smokey, you said you are using about 80% ast% for your teams. That is not the same thing I am doing.
5/25/2013 5:58 PM
"what's the point of Rodman if I dont miss" .... This is all my fault I should of never made a clever name that was ranked in the top 5 that everyone had to look at. Or it could just be a "lets see what JLG is up to with his Sim magic tricks"
5/25/2013 8:47 PM
I check the top 25 every couple of weeks to see if any new trends are developing so as to keep up with/ahead of the game.  I saw what you were doing and started talking to people about it.  Even though it hasn't resulted in any rings for me, I've been fascinated by the statistics it has generated.
5/25/2013 8:52 PM
jlg, you and your teams were also very inspirational for me. I have been tinkering with your formula, although I promise not to have stolen any teams from you. A very innovative idea to say the least.
5/26/2013 12:57 AM
Ash, so that's your problem, you want everyone to listen to you.  That way you can contunue to screw-up the meta, with your game plan which, if my memory serves me well, is to take advantage of a flaw in the SIM program. Great plan buddy! Some owners are actually here to play basketball. I only here you describe you methods wrt jacking the SIM program, I don't see much in terms of basketball in your post.  
5/26/2013 9:43 AM
Lol smokey.  I've read many of your posts (I was reading the ODL forums a while back because they were entertaining and now here) and have resisted the urge for quite a while to chime in, but jeez.

1.  This isn't basketball. 

2.  "The basketball stratagy is that the extra passes frees up more uncontested shots resulting in a higher FG%."  Have you ever read the Knowledge Base?  Who (if anyone) is credited with an assist is determined AFTER a field goal has been made.  Also, how do you come to the conclusion that "extra passes free up more uncontested shots?"  There is no way to know how many passes were made (none- this is irrevelant).  This is a numbers game- the players and teams are all just window dressing.

3.  "The ast bump works best when you have your ast% spread across the floor, solid passing big men give a boost to the bump."  Come on now.  You're just spewing diarrhea from your fingertips.   

4.  You cannot use a progressive league as a frame of reference because the player pool is not the same for everyone.

5.  felonius and ash have 110 championships combined.  I think they know a thing or two about how this works. 

6.  "Last time I looked Progressive leagues and Open leagues used the same SIM. A monkey with a dart, could put together a good team using the top 5% of the players."  Is that why you have a stellar 3 championships and an overall losing record?

7.  smokey- you were not the original target of this thread, but it most certainly should be directed at you:  http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=145183&TopicsTimeframe=30

Ok, I'm done trolling for now.
5/26/2013 11:35 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
State Farm Squads: How Can I Assist? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.