Discussions in SIMology Topic

OK..I think we're talking apples & chevy's here. Mostly the particluar aspect of the sim are being pointed out to me, I'm actually talking about how the league profile (parity/disparity) between teams is being manipulated, by using bias. On a sightly different note, I can't put the graph for the 'corrections' data in here I have data that's quite clear. Again, I use the term 'correction' to describe the effect of highs & lows on a game to game basis...ie a high anything wrt team mean will result in a low game within 1 or 2 games. By 82 games the per game average will be close to drafted mean. The exception being tempo (fga/g), which is fixed and corrects immediately. If I see a 105fga game, I totally freak,,I know my team has almost 0 chance of breaking 90fga in the next game @ uptempo. Then I haul out as much defense as possible...and cross my fingers, cuz I know I'm screwed. The only chance I have is if the other guy blew a 108fga in the prior game...if he didn't, you zip chance. lol
11/22/2013 7:01 AM (edited)

randomness is the competitive leveler - the fact that given all other factors equal a 70 CREB team can out rebound a 120 CREB team (for example) undermines competition and Harrison Bergerons leagues creating false parity - anyone can win any given game if they're lucky enough

and all you're describing really is random behavior

I don't want to be rude but unless your data set is like 1000 games using the same team with the same settings facing the same competition it's not going to be particularly meaningful

11/22/2013 8:28 AM (edited)
If there is a pattern, then how is that random. Random has no pattern by definition, this 'correction' clearly does. It doesn't take 1000 games to see it. I'm not saying that it is wrong, just that it's clearly present.
12/16/2013 2:43 PM
you can think you see a pattern in landing tails 15 times in a row when flipping nickels but it's still random (more or less) regardless
12/16/2013 4:16 PM (edited)
Can I borrow your nickel??? lol
12/20/2013 4:14 AM
Well guy's after the fine performance sparky just showed me in the DDL PO's..I'm calling it a day on WTF Sports. I'll finish up with leagues I'm currently in, but that's it for me. I'm going to put my time & $$ into a different site in 2014. GL
12/20/2013 4:25 AM (edited)
is there another sports simulation site like this?
12/20/2013 12:13 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 12/20/2013 4:25:00 AM (view original):
Well guy's after the fine performance sparky just showed me in the DDL PO's..I'm calling it a day on WTF Sports. I'll finish up with leagues I'm currently in, but that's it for me. I'm going to put my time & $$ into a different site in 2014. GL
We'd appreciate it if ud enter ur PPL team b4 u leave the site.
12/20/2013 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Discussions in SIMology Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.