All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Critical News > A Guide for New HD Coaches
4/4/2009 11:43 AM
I just ticketed it.
4/5/2009 4:22 PM
My ticket is still in progress... no response...
4/5/2009 4:24 PM
If people would like this thread re-pinned I would appreciate a post here saying you think it should be... Maybe that will get them too?
4/5/2009 4:40 PM
Should be pinned.
4/6/2009 12:54 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/6/2009 12:55 PM
Pretty sure that this thread hits on a lot of different topics then the guide within HD.
4/6/2009 8:27 PM
thank you wis for re-pinning this!
4/8/2009 11:56 AM
Yeah, thanks! I would have been totally LOST without zhawks' thread!
4/9/2009 2:55 PM
lol its funny how with in 24 hours or so of them repinning it i get another thank you email. haha. Really tho its great to have it available w/o searching for it to new coaches.
10/7/2009 8:11 PM
The New Coaches Guide is now also available at http://hdnewcoach.blogspot.com/ !!! Check it out!

If anyone has anything to add or what not please sitemail me!
10/7/2009 8:43 PM
Looking good Z!
11/12/2009 9:47 AM
Thanks for this... brand new player, and while I still have plenty to learn and won't really understand everything in this until I have a chance to use it and then ask others what I'm doing wrong, it's great to have a place to start.
1/1/2010 12:55 AM
Wow. Z, it looks really great. The original here helped me out , but the new site is really well done.
1/18/2010 4:47 PM
Thanks to pork:

D1 Baseline Prestiges:

ACC
Big East
Big 10
SEC
Pac 10
Big 12

A+ Duke
A+ North Carolina
A Maryland
A- Georgia Tech
A- Wake Forest
A- North Carolina State
A- Boston College
B+ Virginia
B Clemson
B Florida State
B Miami (Fla)
B Virginia Tech

A+ Connecticut
A+ Syracuse
A- Georgetown
A- Louisville
A- Cincinnati
B+ Villanova
B+ Pittsburgh
B West Virginia
B Providence
B Seton Hall
B St. John's
B- Rutgers

A+ Michigan State
A+ Illinois
A- Indiana
A- Wisconsin
B+ Ohio State
B+ Purdue
B Iowa
B Michigan
B Minnesota
B Notre Dame
B- Penn State
B- Northwestern

A+ Kentucky
A- Florida
B+ Arkansas
B+ Tennessee
B LSU
B South Carolina
B Vanderbilt
B Georgia
B Alabama
B Auburn
B Mississippi
B Mississippi State

A+ UCLA
A+ Arizona
A- Stanford
B California
B Oregon
B Oregon State
B Washington State
B Washington
B Arizona State
B USC
B- Hawaii
B- Fresno State

A+ Kansas
A- Oklahoma
B Oklahoma State
B Texas
B Missouri
B Iowa State
B Texas Tech
B Texas A&M
B- Kansas State
B- Colorado
B- Nebraska
B- Baylor

A10
B = St. Joseph's
B = Temple
B = Xavier
B = Dayton
B- = UMass
B- = Charlotte
B- = Rhode Island
B- = St. Bonaventure
B- = Richmond
B- = St. Louis
B- = George Washington
B- = La Salle

WCC
B = Gonzaga
C = Pepperdine
C = Portland
C = San Francisco
C = Santa Clara
C = Loyola Marymount
C = Nevada
C = San Jose St.
D+= Grambling St.
D+= Lipscomb
D+= Texas, Pan American
D+= Boise St.

Mountain West
B = Utah
B = UNLV
B- = New Mexico
C = BYU
C = Denver
C = Texas Christian
C = Texas Southern
C = Wyoming
C = Air Force
C = N. Texas
C = San Diego St.
C = Colorado St.

CUSA
Memphis = B
The rest = C

Ivy
All teams = D

Horizon
B = Marquette
B- = DePaul
The rest = C

Missouri Valley
All teams = C

MAC
All teams = C

All other schools are D
1/26/2010 2:32 PM
Thanks to Gil for these!

i agree with iguana. if there are small discrepancies between what he said and the excerpt i am about to post (from a much larger site mail i once wrote), go with what he said.

excerpt:
I hope everybody scouts before they recruit a player! There are rare exceptions, but 99% of the time, you can't afford to sign a player without knowing his potential. The range on potential is low 0-6, med 6-20, high 20+. Also, low and high are divided into 2 categories, which you can only determine via evals. Low is divided into approx. 0-3 and 3-6, High is divided into approx 20-30 and 30+. One thing that can get tricky is determining the meaning of an eval message regarding potential. For your convenience, here is a list of the high high and low high message for each attribute:
Ath
Definitely wasn't the best athlete on the floor - unless I'm an idiot and/or this is the laziest kid ever, we can *dramatically* improve his athleticism.
Good athleticism - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he could improve substantially if he really works at it.
Spd
if he works hard at it, we could see *massive* improvement here
with the right diet and conditioning he could be MUCH quicker than he is today
Reb
Fantastic rebounding instincts - there's no reason to NOT expect HUGE improvement here.
based on my experience, he can still improve substantially if we work with him and he's willing.
Def
I really think we could see massive improvement by his Senior year.
if he's willing to listen, we could really see some major improvement.
Sb
he's shown glimpses of raw ability which make me think he just has *tremendous* room for improvement
has a LOT of room for growth with the right drills and coaching. / definitely has above average room for growth with the right drills and coaching
Lp
skys the limit
has a LOT of room for growth with the right drills and coaching.
Per
I see such solid fundamentals that with enough practice I don't see why he can't be a *significantly* better shooter than he is today
I know this may sound crazy, but I think he has the potential to really improve his shot.
Bh
he has the raw skills to make me think he has *tremendous* upside.
with the right drills and assuming he's willing to put in the time, I see big upside
Pass
with more experience I expect to see TREMENDOUS improvement.
I'd like to see him play more, but still, I really think we could see fairly significant improvement.
Sta
with the right diet and drills, I think we can see a *dramatic* change in his conditioning
even with that, I think we can really improve upon his conditioning
FT%
the fundamentals look solid, with time and coaching, he could really show some improvement. - i only have this message saved for some reason, i assume this is the low/high, but i am not 100%.

of 5
All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Critical News > A Guide for New HD Coaches

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.