All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > Joe Dimaggio Thread: The Screenplay
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
7/22/2009 6:07 PM
Dude....

*APPLAUSE!!!*
7/22/2009 6:08 PM
Even though you forgot to add me.
7/22/2009 6:23 PM
cool I finally got a speaking part mom!!!
7/22/2009 6:41 PM
ROTFLMAO

7/22/2009 7:08 PM
Now that is funny...I hope Jack Nicholson gets in the movie
7/22/2009 7:47 PM
I think you're clearly missing some of the Bosox/Yankee flavor to the discussion. I suggest adding Billy Barty as BosuxBill and Mudbone as MikeT23 to add some animosity. You could also add the frozen head of Ted Williams and external shots of Marilyn Monroe's crypt to add gravitas.

It's all in the staging.
7/22/2009 8:19 PM
What is the significance of the spacesuit being yellow?
7/22/2009 8:25 PM
Allow me to be the first to offer the role of me to the head of Ted Williams. I can't think of anyone better to portray me on stage or on the Silver Screen. Or in Boogerlips' mom's basement.
7/22/2009 8:26 PM
Yellow spacesuit = cry for help
7/22/2009 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By mudbone1969 on 7/22/2009Yellow spacesuit = cry for hel
Fair enough, the mood and tone are now set..........
7/22/2009 10:15 PM
This is fabulous. Quite creative, and funny.

I have purchased a 30 second spot when it airs to retort:

Just because I mentioned Joe D's name once (after all he WAS the one who accomplished the feat) does not in any way, shape or form translate into me saying Joe D was as remarkable as the streak.

In fact my second line has been reduced to a simple "agreed".

The editors chose to leave out the bulk of the long-winded reply, but I actually hit on a few points:

1) Joe's career stats indicate he was one of the best hitters to play the game

2) Ted Williams was a better hitter IMO

3) I am simply pointing out that the occurance is indeed spectacular. (hence the "agreed" line I was graciously given)

4) The list of hitters who have had streaks of 30 games or more includes many mediocre-at-best hitters, B Santiago & S Alomar Jr for example (Any appearance of bias towards catchers is purely coincidental)

5) #4 combined with the list having no T Williams, L Gehrig, or B Ruth we can conclude that the streak itself is certainly no indicator of greatness.

Thank You and enjoy the rest of the show.
of 3
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > Joe Dimaggio Thread: The Screenplay

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.