This is fabulous. Quite creative, and funny.
I have purchased a 30 second spot when it airs to retort:
Just because I mentioned Joe D's name once (after all he WAS the one who accomplished the feat) does not in any way, shape or form translate into me saying Joe D was as remarkable as the streak.
In fact my second line has been reduced to a simple "agreed".
The editors chose to leave out the bulk of the long-winded reply, but I actually hit on a few points:
1) Joe's career stats indicate he was one of the best hitters to play the game
2) Ted Williams was a better hitter IMO
3) I am simply pointing out that the occurance is indeed spectacular. (hence the "agreed" line I was graciously given)
4) The list of hitters who have had streaks of 30 games or more includes many mediocre-at-best hitters, B Santiago & S Alomar Jr for example (Any appearance of bias towards catchers is purely coincidental)
5) #4 combined with the list having no T Williams, L Gehrig, or B Ruth we can conclude that the streak itself is certainly no indicator of greatness.
Thank You and enjoy the rest of the show.