7/13/2012 12:30 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 7/11/2012 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Cute.  Then I suppose a "Romney" would be "someone else is using the same team I am, and doing much better with it"
in the political scheme of things:

Paul - similar to a RIM, you go against the norm, once hearing your strategy all the other owners praise your team saying its definitely the best choice out there -yet you still lose and fail to make the playoffs. 

"Wow, my 80M was a beast!  How did I get Paul'd!

7/23/2012 1:16 PM
Regarding the Parnell/McCarthy fatigue issue - as an A's fan I very much thought you were talking about Brandon McCarthy. He's been a very interesting case of fatigue management. He has a nagging injury and basically only pitches when he "feels it", which could be on normal rest, or 9 or 15 days later. It's actually very similar looking to an understocked SP in WIS. Sometimes the guy just can't go.

Also, since I'm talking about him, Brandon McCarthy is a Hall of Fame worthy twitter poster.
8/2/2013 11:40 AM
Bump...just because.
8/4/2013 9:21 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 8/2/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Bump...just because.
Much appreciated
8/1/2014 4:22 PM
Bump for 2014
8/1/2014 8:36 PM
This comes from the realm of collegiate (well, sort of) athletics... To "Coug It" refers to having victory almost assured, only to lose at the end. In this tournament, that could refer to a player who's team gets to the "Magic Number" of 2 or less, only to miss out on the playoffs.
8/1/2014 9:16 PM
ANY possible way we can work Latrell Spreewell into this "Lingo"????? Any ideas will be welcome.............
8/18/2014 6:17 PM
I made my first ever appearance in the top 24 today and thought to myself, "I'm in the Cage!" in the voice of Andy Samberg playing Nic Cage on SNL. Thanks contrarian23!
8/19/2014 11:41 AM
Aaaaaand a Mauch overnight throws me out of the Cage. I'm finding this forum post very helpful.
of 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.