Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

for a fourth-round pick in '11 and a conditional (probably sixth rounder) in '12.

Apparently all the talk (in the local Milwaukee media, anyway) about how the Bills weren't even taking calls about Lynch (meant to defend Ted Thompson for not doing anything about Ryan Grant's injury) were slightly incorrect.
10/5/2010 5:07 PM
leave it to you to turn a beautiful story about the Bills and Seahawks into a Packer rant
10/6/2010 12:22 AM
The Seahawks' GM is former Packer front office guy John Schneider, who became frustrated working with Ted Thompson; one of Schneider's jobs was to scout other teams and work on possible trades, none of which Thompson would even consider. Now he's got a job where he can use any avenue he wants to develop his team and he's doing it. That's the story behind the story here, and it's a Packer story.
10/6/2010 6:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Quiet you.
10/6/2010 2:32 PM
Imagine if Green Bay had landed Lynch...
1/20/2015 1:14 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the media was smart enough to just ignore Lynch?    Let him sit there for 4 1/2 minutes by himself with no one acknowledging his presence?
1/28/2015 8:36 AM
It would be a win for Lynch for sure
1/28/2015 8:46 AM
Would it?   You don't think he's having himself a little party inside his head because he's doing exactly what he wants AND getting the attention?
1/28/2015 8:54 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It's absolutely a win for Lynch. And then sets a precedent of "well, if he doesnt have to talk..."

Maybe the guy has a social anxiety disorder.  Get him diagnosed and then he doesn't have to talk to the media. If he doesn't, then he's just an ***.
1/28/2015 9:11 AM
E60 did a piece on him.   He didn't have any problem talking to the media then.  He's just an ***.

The Seahawks have 20 guys, it seems, that love to talk.  Can't help themselves.  Can't stop talking.   Talk to them, let Lynch sit there for 5 minutes by himself.   Soon enough, no one will know who he is, where he's at or what he does.    Then he'll be dying to do Geico commercials and spiking cold cuts.
1/28/2015 9:17 AM
Lynch actively avoided the media before, and has been fined for it. He doesn't want the attention.
1/28/2015 9:21 AM
E60 did a piece on him.   He was not avoiding the media nor was he avoiding attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cWjT9lpZc

Says Oct 2013.    I doubt is was done in season but I'm sure it was 2013.
1/28/2015 9:35 AM
I think since he has to be there, he's having fun with it and probably enjoying that part of the attention, but I also think if the NFL told him today he never had to show up for this stuff again, he'd disappear from the required appearances.  So, I think ultimately he would see showing up for 5 minutes, being ignored, and not be fined as a win.

There's a big difference between doing a piece for E60 that you have to agree to and have some measure of control over and being forced to sit down in front of reporters and so forth.  I think he legitimately doesn't like having to do that, regardless of how he feels about media/attention in general.
1/28/2015 9:43 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.