Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

Well, that's why I said the media should have ignored Lynch on media day.   He wasn't going to say anything.   I doubt he has anything to say.   But I'm fine with the rule and I'm glad the NFL fines guys who violate it.   You don't have to be the RB for the Seattle Seahawks.   But he chose to be and talking to the media is part of the job.   To the best of my knowledge, no one gets to pick and choose what part of the job they won't do in any industry. 

And, as I said, Lynch created a circus that only garnered him more attention.   If he didn't want it, the stock "praise someone else" answers get people to walk away soon enough.

1/29/2015 9:43 AM
If you're fine with the rule, then by ignoring Lynch on Media Day, you encourage other players to do the same thing.
1/29/2015 9:44 AM
Sure.  Let them sit there alone for 5 minutes.   Like a sticking a child in the corner.
1/29/2015 9:45 AM
And then they accomplish what they wanted. No questions.
1/29/2015 9:48 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/29/2015 9:37:00 AM (view original):
I generally ignore what players say in the first place. Mostly for this reason. I find they almost never have anything of value to say. Give me a GM or an analyst any day over a player.
Yup, I change the channel pretty much whoever it is.

1/29/2015 9:55 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/29/2015 9:48:00 AM (view original):
And then they accomplish what they wanted. No questions.
You're assuming that's what they want.

By wearing his "Beast Mode" hat, I think he wanted the attention.   Sells hats.
1/29/2015 10:03 AM
What would the NFL do if he didn't show up?   Fine him? 

If I was that adverse to attention, I'd take my fine and stay home.
1/29/2015 10:03 AM
Some people prefer to keep hundreds of thousands of their own money.
1/29/2015 10:18 AM

If that were the case, he wouldn't have worn a non-approved hat to Media Day.   Right?

1/29/2015 10:21 AM
It a good question. Maybe he thought he could get away with it, since it wasn't as obvious as Urlacher wearing Vitamin Water apparel. 

He was told last year he'd be fined $500K if he didn't show up to this day. That's a lot of money.
1/29/2015 10:43 AM
I think we view Lynch differently.  You see the poor, shy guy who just wants to play football.

I see a manipulative child who loves the attention on his terms. 

FYI, I'd love to see the NFL/Union fight over a 500k fine for 5 minutes of non-appearance.
1/29/2015 10:46 AM
I firmly believe Lynch would not go if he didn't have to, however, if they are going to make him go he is going to be a giant pain in the ***, just because he can and likes it.
1/29/2015 1:24 PM
Depends on how much he was paid to wear a non-approved hat. 

I can't believe that he's so stupid that he doesn't know he's created much, much more attention by what he's doing than what he would have received by simply playing along.   I'm sure everyone, at some point, has done something that their job requires without very much heartfelt effort.

"They're a very good team.  Well-prepared."
"We'll be at our best.  Our coaches are great."
"That's not something for me to decide."
"My offensive line is one of the best in the league."
"Russell has been playing well all year."
"I'm not sure what else I can say about our defense."
"Coach Carroll is a fantastic coach."

Or any variation of the above.   But, as moranis says, he's being an *** because he can and because he likes it.
1/29/2015 1:44 PM
deadspin.com/lynch-to-media-if-yall-aint-mad-at-me-then-what-yall-1682575406

He looks like a guy who's thrilled to be there.

He DID answer a question to where to buy his hat.
1/29/2015 2:11 PM
More manipulation.

He did a lot of talking for a guy who didn't have anything to say.    And was more than happy to show off his hat.   New Era(which looked like the logo on the side) is paying him a pretty penny to wear that to his circus. 

As for what he "looks" like, big deal.   When I was an employee and didn't want to deal with anyone on a particular day for whatever particular reason, I put on a grumpy face and gave one word responses.   People would just leave me alone.  
1/29/2015 2:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.