Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

The folks in the media hopes he answers "their" question while giving the same response to everyone else.   That's why the guy asked the inner city question. 

Lynch isn't damaging the NFL brand.   I could probably argue that he's brought more attention to it, and himself, with his silly act.    I'm sure people who have no idea who Lynch is know that there's a guy on a Super Bowl team repeating the same thing over and over to the media.

I just find it boring.   And I think it's overshadowed, along with underinflated footballs, what I expect to be a really good game.
2/1/2015 11:02 AM
Something always comes up during the week that attempts to overshadow the game.

Lynch offered an extension by the Seahawks this morning, 10 million base for next year.
2/1/2015 11:12 AM
I honestly can't think of anything that's been this discussed in years.    There was weather concerns last year.   That seemed to be the big pre-week story(after the "Sherman disses Crabtree" died down).
2/1/2015 11:15 AM
So will those of you who thought Lynch just wanted to left alone to play football be buying his soon-to-be-available "I'm just here so I don't get fined" hats and shirts?
2/24/2015 4:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2015 4:10:00 PM (view original):
So will those of you who thought Lynch just wanted to left alone to play football be buying his soon-to-be-available "I'm just here so I don't get fined" hats and shirts?
If he's that smart, god bless him.

You aren't that smart. You'd just have a lucky guess.
2/24/2015 4:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/29/2015 2:51:00 PM (view original):
He has an agent to be smart for him.    But I don't believe that you believe he doesn't know he's creating a bigger circus by the day with his actions.

What?

2/24/2015 5:21 PM
SHEART
2/24/2015 5:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/24/2015 4:10:00 PM (view original):
glad I used the line as part of my annual evaluation interview before the trademark!
2/25/2015 1:46 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/29/2015 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/29/2015 9:48:00 AM (view original):
And then they accomplish what they wanted. No questions.
You're assuming that's what they want.

By wearing his "Beast Mode" hat, I think he wanted the attention.   Sells hats.
And, evidently, other things with new phrases. 
2/25/2015 9:01 AM
I would guess that regardless of the trademarks and the potential money this could make him, he's making those comments anyway. But he's now taking advantage of the situation he's given himself. I could be wrong. 
2/25/2015 9:28 AM
Obviously, as previously stated, we view him differently.   You see him as a dumb jock that just wants to play football.   I see a man-child manipulating the media/fans to get what he wants or more of what he wants. 

RB have very short careers.  His style is even more damaging.   He's played 8 seasons and will be 29 when next season starts.  He's already 37th all-time in rushing attempts.   The end is near.   He's maximizing his earning power.   Maybe he's just doing what he's told by his "handlers" but there's no way he doesn't know the effect of what he's doing.   He became the SB story without breaking the law, the rules or going on a drug binge in Mexico. 
2/25/2015 10:09 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Fined 75k by the NFL for his antics.   Think he made more than that off of Super Bowl coverage?
8/26/2015 5:03 PM

Anyone wanna discuss this again?

The poor, misunderstood fella who just wants to play football seems to be doing a LOT of commercials. 

10/1/2015 4:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.