All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
12/16/2013 11:40 AM

I would like to add an additional note on marriottman. There is no doubt in my mind that he was a veteran progressive owner who had changed his ID. Could have been shawbigred or someone like that. So, you would think he would know better than to just leave without a word. If you want to be a respected participant on a site like this... you need to have common courtesy. As others have noted, he probably had a real life event that changed his ability to participate. I wish him the best. Unfortunately, we will probably never get an explanation. And we will all be put in this situation again when he reappears with a new ID and joins 6-8 progressives again.

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
12/30/2013 6:56 PM
seems like one instance doesn't qualify a person for the "Wall of Shame"

we all leave leagues for various reasons-one bad departure (and I'm not saying that is what this is) shouldn't be WoF worthy
4/27/2014 12:56 PM
Different progs treat that situation differently (though I personally feel that the way you have outlined it is exactly how it should work)...as long as the rules are clearly spelled out, he has no right to complain, and I would certainly consider it bad form to leave the league based on that ruling.
4/29/2014 7:06 PM
Who was the player???
4/29/2014 7:07 PM
it was 3B/OF  Al Smith 1957
4/30/2014 5:15 PM
As a progressive commisioner and a muti-league progressive owner, I have a couple comments on the above situation.

The "missed a keeper on the available list" has always been a problem in progressive leagues. I have made this error on several ocassions... and I always check for my keepers on the available list.  Instead of playing "cutthroat" progressive rules, where you lose the player without recourse, I run my leagues with more of a gentleman's agreement. I try to work out the "mistake" where both the owner who missed the player and the owner that drafted the player agree on a resolution. It may just result in the owner drafting a new player... or the new owner may receive compensation (like a draft pick). I try to handle this issue quickly, before other owners get involved and make comments on the situation because that ALWAYS leads to hard feelings.  We all know how hard it is to find committed progressive owners... why chase away the reliable ones?

Bottom line, we need WIS to step up with a process to eliminate this problem. But, like the long promised update... who knows if that will ever happen.
5/1/2014 1:19 PM
To be clear I sent the commish a message yesterday offering to either (a)let him make my draft pick and I would
enter my team and play the season out;or (b)send him a team or credits for my team.
The commish chose option (b) because he had already traded my pick,and said he had entered my team and
the league had begun so I sent him a $13 credit immediately, He was out nothing and the league was delayed maybe 2-3 days.
of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999- WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.