All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame
8/29/2013 7:14 AM
  Since Im catching up on this papabilly thing. I was wondering is their any way to get off of the wall of shame. I was placed on the wall about three years ago over a couple disastrous trades Ive made. However since then I think Ive proven to be a valuable league member with the exception of another expansion league I had joined which in retrospect I never should have.
8/29/2013 10:40 AM
Posted by blues322 on 8/29/2013 7:14:00 AM (view original):
  Since Im catching up on this papabilly thing. I was wondering is their any way to get off of the wall of shame. I was placed on the wall about three years ago over a couple disastrous trades Ive made. However since then I think Ive proven to be a valuable league member with the exception of another expansion league I had joined which in retrospect I never should have.
I can vouch for blues322.  He took over a team for an owner who disappeared on me during the inaugural draft of my 1885/1915 BOBL Progressive, and has been a faithful and active owner ever since.  We're currently working thru the draft for season #8.  Turnover every season has been quick and smooth, and blues has never done anything that held us up or caused any problems.

Most of the guys in the league are top-notch guys, and I'd include blues322 in that group.
8/29/2013 12:53 PM
Likewise, I'll vouch for blues322 as a longtime, reliable, solid participant in the NWP. Thrilled to have you in our league sir.
8/29/2013 1:24 PM
 Thanks for the props respective league commissioners. The cheque will arrive in your mail shortly. :-)
9/27/2013 4:56 PM (edited)
Many guys are long owners who may do well in one league and for whatever reson screw over another. This is probably not the case with this owner but it brings someone to mind who is.

I have known urlglory for a long time and he has done fine most of the time until lately.

He dropped out of the DPL robboogi runs without any notice putting the league in a bind and dropped out of HPL after one season and after trading away his 1st and 2nd rounders. That is enough by itself to merit a front row seat in my book. It's sad because I really liked the guy but a spade is a spade is a spade.
12/15/2013 5:34 PM
Marriottman has left several leagues lately and probably a lot more than we know of so let's take a count.

FDSS - commish - Bootone - Left w/o word with a draft starting

RPLY - commish - rooskie - started a draft and as usual making a lot of future moves that he will not be around for - robboogi stepped up as he often does to cover.

SS/HH - commish - mensu1954 - again left when a scheduled draft was to get started.

DPL - commish - robboogi - keepers were due a few days ago and he made no mention of not returning; real scumbag!

Anyone else?
12/15/2013 6:49 PM
He has left the WESPL with no warning.  But my first assumption when an owner suddenly drops out of a lot of leagues with no mention is that something in real life has happened.  If he's currently active on the site and has stiffed all of these leagues, that's one thing, and worthy of Wall of Shame mention.

If he's just no longer here, we need to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until we know what happened.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
12/15/2013 7:23 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 12/15/2013 6:49:00 PM (view original):
He has left the WESPL with no warning.  But my first assumption when an owner suddenly drops out of a lot of leagues with no mention is that something in real life has happened.  If he's currently active on the site and has stiffed all of these leagues, that's one thing, and worthy of Wall of Shame mention.

If he's just no longer here, we need to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until we know what happened.
I was just coming back to add that point myself so kudos to you for bringing it up as I failed to bring it up myself in the original post and should have.
12/16/2013 11:40 AM

I would like to add an additional note on marriottman. There is no doubt in my mind that he was a veteran progressive owner who had changed his ID. Could have been shawbigred or someone like that. So, you would think he would know better than to just leave without a word. If you want to be a respected participant on a site like this... you need to have common courtesy. As others have noted, he probably had a real life event that changed his ability to participate. I wish him the best. Unfortunately, we will probably never get an explanation. And we will all be put in this situation again when he reappears with a new ID and joins 6-8 progressives again.

12/30/2013 12:23 PM
I nominate cleonjones for dropping out of DPL, what a whiner. There was plenty of notice given and plenty of off the clock time also as I play here.

Quote post by robboogi on 12/30/2013 10:53:00 AM:
Cleon jones will no longer be with us, in his opinion I did not send enough site mails and it is too busy of holiday season for draft, it is so hard to please 23 people and keep these leagues together
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
12/30/2013 6:56 PM
seems like one instance doesn't qualify a person for the "Wall of Shame"

we all leave leagues for various reasons-one bad departure (and I'm not saying that is what this is) shouldn't be WoF worthy
12/30/2013 7:50 PM
Posted by cleonjones on 12/30/2013 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rooskie on 12/30/2013 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I nominate cleonjones for dropping out of DPL, what a whiner. There was plenty of notice given and plenty of off the clock time also as I play here.

Quote post by robboogi on 12/30/2013 10:53:00 AM:
Cleon jones will no longer be with us, in his opinion I did not send enough site mails and it is too busy of holiday season for draft, it is so hard to please 23 people and keep these leagues together
you can take an isolated problem and make a federal case out of it, i could care less,....i will stack my record up against the best...

All you do is make yourself look like an ***
I don't look like anything and I don't post or react in anger. I have posted previously that if an owner leaves a league and has a dispute over this or that you don't leave during a draft; period.

If you feel the need to because of a conflict over issues then you leave at the end of the next season or you shouldn't play, simple stuff. That is the criteria for being nominated here and the fact that you may be a stand up owner elsewhere is irrelevant. Screwing one commish over is reason enough.

The way to get rid of a nomination is to man up and send the commish a team or finish the draft (even better) and then let him find an owner during the season. You can ***** all you want about what I posted but I posted only what you did.
12/30/2013 7:51 PM
Posted by sjstapleton on 12/30/2013 6:56:00 PM (view original):
seems like one instance doesn't qualify a person for the "Wall of Shame"

we all leave leagues for various reasons-one bad departure (and I'm not saying that is what this is) shouldn't be WoF worthy
In this instance this fits the criteria to a tee as when disgruntled leave in good standing after the season, not during a draft.
of 17
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > Progressive Leagues Wall of Shame

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.