All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > Understanding Fatigue
10/9/2011 9:33 PM
According to admin, in-game pitcher fatigue doesn't happen until you reach a pitchers real-life np/gm.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
3/24/2012 9:30 AM
bump for reference
7/24/2012 6:48 AM
bump for foolishfool and for the rest of us. Great explanation contrarian23, thanks. 
7/24/2012 9:28 AM
Very nice... I haven't read this before.  It matches my beliefs as well.

Good job.
9/12/2012 2:29 AM
bump.

Reading this again makes me rather less concerned about the prospects of my Silver King being able to survive the rest of the season. 10% bonus on 700IP is quite a lot.
9/12/2012 9:05 AM
Posted by fooolishfool on 9/12/2012 2:29:00 AM (view original):
bump.

Reading this again makes me rather less concerned about the prospects of my Silver King being able to survive the rest of the season. 10% bonus on 700IP is quite a lot.
True, but he's a very low K and low BB guy, so he's only allocated about 13 pitches per inning. You won't get him to 770 without seriously burning him out. 
9/12/2012 9:33 AM
I think it'll be tight, but manageable. At 13 per innings I've used ~68% of the allocation and we are ~69% of the way through the season.
9/12/2012 3:10 PM
9/25/2012 6:51 AM
Fatigue as it plays out in sim effects the player's defense not offense. Using a fatigued player in the field could be disastrous however using him as a dh should have no real significant effect. Is this correct?
9/25/2012 10:59 AM
Thanks for the correction. I thought it would be unfair if fatigue did not affect offensive performance however that wasn't going to stop me from trying to use a partial year version of Ted Williams as a dh. Now that I know the effect of fatgue on offensive performance I will rethink my strategy..
9/30/2012 2:38 PM
On the '85 Clarkson you'll see in his PH for hist best season, I had him throw 17 consecutive starts without him dropping below 100. I had used him very conservatively in he first half of the season and got these starts around game 135-145 range. I've also gotten between 7-9 consecutive starts at 100 from King and Ramsey by employing the same conservative first half use and aggressive second half use.

Similarly, I've stashed guys in AAA, such as Wiley Piatt in league 10175 (I'd post his game log but my phone won't let me). He threw 8 consecutive games at 100 and used up virtually all of his available innings in doing so between games 110-120.

So, I think there is a consecutive game penalty, but I think it only applies if a pitcher is already past X% of his team's games AND is projecting to be over Y%. I think X is 50% or thereabouts and Y is somewhere between 52-73%.

But I'm not certain and I have all of my fatigue notes on my home computer...
of 3
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > SimLeague Baseball > Understanding Fatigue

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.