10. Leave ML caliber players in the minors as long as possible - particularly in the season before you plan to go for it - especially if you're within spitting distance of the wild card. And if you can still manage to keep in the bottom half, you'll protect the next 1st round pick.
11. Leave your substitution patterns alone and then blame simmy for those patterns costing you games.
12. Pitch your pitchers just a shade longer than you should.
13. Let your pitchers work out of all of their jams.
14. Attempt to steal early and often...with a slow team.