1/18/2013 8:10 PM
Posted by hogger0223 on 1/18/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
i have a question. when setting your defence does it really matter wether i set my team to balance of 0 and leave it alone. And double teams do they help or hurt? thanks!!! 
I wouldn't recommend double teaming as a general rule.  I'd only suggest a defensive balance other than 0 if ur opponent scores a big majority of their points from the paint or perimeter.
3/31/2014 10:55 PM
bump
5/12/2014 10:10 AM
I will double if a team has only one prolific scorer.  Typically you will only find that on newbie squads granted, but it does happen.  Nice Job on this NC
6/20/2014 8:46 AM
Most of Hakeem's elite years have him doing over 45% midrange...will this cost me, despite his terrific overall game?
6/20/2014 2:54 PM
his somewhat tepid efg will cost you more than where he takes his shots from on the floor (which is the number you're referring to)
6/22/2014 12:36 PM
Are there any guys who just have unreal value for their price? For example a bunch of Steve Nash's seasons seem very cheap for what he accomplished during them, although I imagine that's in part because he can't defend at all.
6/22/2014 3:47 PM

not going to give you the keys to candy store but consider this: Donyell Marshall's 03-04 (decent season but not the point) because he was traded mid season there are two different versions you can draft (3 actually but essentially 2) one is good for 36 minutes per game while the other is good for 31 minutes per game - the shorter minutes one is slightly "better" in lots of key ways but costs 1 million less because of that 5 minutes difference - do you know how easy it is to draft 5 valuable minutes at any position for much less than 1 million dollars?

7/27/2014 9:55 PM
bumping this for the influx of new owners (all 12 of them)...
8/9/2014 10:07 AM
bump
8/10/2014 3:20 PM
do minutes reset for playoffs ? ..or do the minutes i've saved carry over ?
8/10/2014 4:08 PM (edited)
minutes do not carry over but it is greatly advantageous to get the first round bye because to some extent the implicit unused minutes from the first round go into your stockpile ("to some extent" = I'm not sure what the exact formula is)
8/10/2014 4:37 PM
as felonius said, saved minutes do not carry over.  There is a reset, but it's not a hard reset.  It brings everyone down to 100% fatigue (thus the saved not carrying over), but it doesn't bring everyone up to 100%.  It will bring most players up to 100%, but if you have guys that are 97% or below, you probably won't see them at 100%.

And felonius is 100% correct about the first round bye.  It's a huge advantage because you do start saving minutes as soon as the 1st round is begun.  Nobody knows the exact formula (or if they do, they haven't told), but it's pretty significant.

8/15/2014 2:49 PM
IMO the bye gives you about 1.5 x (rl min/82). So a player that averaged 36mpg over 82 games picks up about 54 bonus minutes with the bye, but that assumes you used that player 36mpg in the sim, if you are over on regular season minutes then IMO the extra 54 in this example go against the overage with the remainder as your bank of free minutes.
8/16/2014 4:25 AM
it's extremely hard to figure out... there are so many variables, and frankly, I'm not willing to blow a playoff advantage to test it.  I've got my own system for fatigue management in the playoffs, but each owner should develop their own.

of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.