11/26/2012 6:34 PM

Yep.  I didn't see 8-4.   Nor do I see it next year.  Or the year after.

11/26/2012 7:25 PM
They got a big lift from the whole conference being way down.  Let's not forget they opened with losses to Ohio and Virginia.  That being said, Bill O'Brien still did a heck of a job.   I live a couple hours from State College and I also think under different circumstances you'd be hearing a lot more talk about how this season validated those who had been saying for years that Paterno's refusal to leave was holding the program back, especially on the offensive side of the football.

It's certainly not roses from here on out though - the scholarship limits get worse, current players can still transfer without penalty until the start of next preseason, and I while I expect he stays, I think the odds of O'Brien going back to the NFL are something > 0.
of 19

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.