All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > FSS - Preferred Proximity
1/3/2012 2:32 PM
How big is the advantage/disadvantage associated with a player's preference to proximity?  For example, if I'm interested in a kid who's right next door, but he prefers "Far From Home," does this put me at a big disadvantage to someone further away?

Also, does anyone know the range that "Close to Home" and "Far From Home" applies to?
1/3/2012 3:01 PM
I don't think it is very much
1/3/2012 3:57 PM
I wouldn't consider proximity a factor in deciding who to recruit at all. The impact is minimal. According to some estimates, it is roughly close to the cost of one home visit. The breakpoint for home/far away is 300 miles.
1/3/2012 5:26 PM
I actually think the far from home preference is pretty significant. The close to home not so much.
8/4/2014 8:59 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this question - in other words if I am 400 miles away from a prospect that wants to go far from home, and a school that is 20 miles from him is competing with me, how much of an advantage do  I have?
All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > FSS - Preferred Proximity

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.