All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page
5/15/2012 2:52 PM
Also, I agree with the general function over form theme of the replies on this thread. Your customer base consists of a bunch of stat geeks and we care alot more about what it does than how it looks.

More PH, defrep and even PR options would be a big plus. How about an option with SP's that sets the earliest inning that they can be pinch hit for?

I would also like more BP options. Could we have Setup A, B, C & D? Skip will often go to the same setup man game after game now, even when others are better rested. I may not want to rest that pitcher for a particular game and will want to keep him prioritized over my weaker middle relievers, but will want to promote another setup man above him. This option would allow me to more specifically tailor my BP hierarchies.
5/22/2012 8:27 AM
Given that:
- It's been over 2 months since the first of "many screenshots" was posted,
- Admin has not offered a word of response to 4+ pages of feedback they solicited,
- A redesign notice posted March 6 promised a new screenshot and details "every couple of days" (apparently based on the Venutian clock)

... Implementation of an actual change is likely to come around the time of the next millennium. I'm guessing that WIS was hoping a fresh coat of paint would make everyone forget that we've been waiting years for some simple changes under the hood to improve the actual game.
5/22/2012 11:02 AM
Yep, looks that way. 
5/22/2012 5:40 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 5/22/2012 8:27:00 AM (view original):
Given that:
- It's been over 2 months since the first of "many screenshots" was posted,
- Admin has not offered a word of response to 4+ pages of feedback they solicited,
- A redesign notice posted March 6 promised a new screenshot and details "every couple of days" (apparently based on the Venutian clock)

... Implementation of an actual change is likely to come around the time of the next millennium. I'm guessing that WIS was hoping a fresh coat of paint would make everyone forget that we've been waiting years for some simple changes under the hood to improve the actual game.
We can only hope that the reason for them abandoning this discussion is because of that very point you make. I for one am becoming increasingly disappointed with this site and the lack thereof of any communication from them in return.

How difficult would it be to say, We have made a mistake in guestimating that an upgrade in graphics is what most of you would be happy with. Instead we will turn our attention to making the game better in the areas that you have suggested. (That would be 39 words in 2 sentences. Guessing it's tough to find time for that!)
5/22/2012 8:54 PM
It's beyond appalling at this point.  I'll refrain from further commentary on the business practices (and other issues) related to the parent company, and instead just echo bheid's comments.  Even just saying, "hey folks, News Corp has asked us to focus on some other things for the time being" would be preferable to this.  If I ran my business this way - just completely ignoring my customers for months at a time - I'd be out on the street. 
5/27/2012 2:28 PM
i don't know if you have this in the works but I would like to see a league progressive page that keeps the history of league stats and records. I realize I can view this with each individual player but I would like to see a page where it compiles every player from every teams history of ie: hits - hrs - rbi's etc.  record books - stuff like that. also after a player retires owners have the capability of  voting on who goes into their league Hall of Fame.

5/31/2012 3:34 PM
Posted by walteralston on 5/27/2012 2:28:00 PM (view original):
i don't know if you have this in the works but I would like to see a league progressive page that keeps the history of league stats and records. I realize I can view this with each individual player but I would like to see a page where it compiles every player from every teams history of ie: hits - hrs - rbi's etc.  record books - stuff like that. also after a player retires owners have the capability of  voting on who goes into their league Hall of Fame.

ME TOO WALT
6/1/2012 4:25 PM
Update (yes, a long awaited one):

We have gone through two more iterations of reviewing our entire set of screen designs (over 90 pages) before posting any more. We have been busy with many development meetings as we begin to kick start true development next week.

Some responses to questions in this thread about this screen:
  • Team logos:  owners will be able to choose from a fixed set or upload their own (users will lose rights if they post offensive logos)
  • Team note: we'll be incorporating a team note in various locations across league
  • Drag and drop:  we will have drag-and-drop within graphical module.  left-side will be slot, field will be position.  standard section with dropdowns will continue to be usable.
Additional responses to general questions in this thread:
  • We totally understand the utility vs design argument mentioned. Which is why we just completed two iterations of review. We are doing our best to add new, useful features, maintain a simple, quick & functional UI but with a much nicer look and additions to help new players
  • This update is very important as it brings our code base to a newer platform which will make it much easier to address some of the longer known issues in the game in the future
  • Split effects are based on historical data
With all the mocks you'll see, please ignore any spelling mistakes, bad data, etc., as the purpose of the mocks and these threads is to show what the design will look like and solicit feedback to make sure we're not missing anything.

Thanks
6/5/2012 11:56 AM
are splits against LH and RH really based on historic data?  do you mean aggregate historic data or player specific historic data?

at one time many years ago, I heard that it was based on data for years where there was data - something like after 1987

at another time, I heard that was true BUT that you had to have 50 PA for each side to use the historic data

then I heard that it was just a general overall adjustment

historic?  how do you do old seasons?  how do you handle guys who had say 80 PA overall and 10 against a LHP......there would be darn weird results

6/5/2012 11:58 AM
I would like to see a WIS app for Droid. It would be great to play from my phone. Is this possible?
6/6/2012 6:42 PM
I doubt 99% of these suggested changes get made at this point, but I can't resist adding to mix.  One thing that has driven me crazy for a long time is the functioning of the "Saved Searches" feature in the Draft Center.  Particularly, I hate that my custom "Saved Searches" (the ones I intentionally and manually save) get pushed down the queue and eventually erased by automatically saved searches (i.e., whatever your last search was).  This is a major problem when you are trying to identify AAA or something and are doing a lot of distinct searches, which pushes my custom saved searches quickly out of the queue and then I have to re-do it.  It would seem to be a relatively easy fix (but I'm no developer) to cause the custom searches to save indefinintely at the top of the queue unless manually deleted.  
6/6/2012 7:10 PM
SING IT BROTHER

i complained about the search fuction a long time ago and got denial

or ignorance

i think the game designers and implementers here do not actually play their own game

they do their eight hours and go home
6/7/2012 4:51 PM
Posted by alebenta on 6/6/2012 6:43:00 PM (view original):
I doubt 99% of these suggested changes get made at this point, but I can't resist adding to mix.  One thing that has driven me crazy for a long time is the functioning of the "Saved Searches" feature in the Draft Center.  Particularly, I hate that my custom "Saved Searches" (the ones I intentionally and manually save) get pushed down the queue and eventually erased by automatically saved searches (i.e., whatever your last search was).  This is a major problem when you are trying to identify AAA or something and are doing a lot of distinct searches, which pushes my custom saved searches quickly out of the queue and then I have to re-do it.  It would seem to be a relatively easy fix (but I'm no developer) to cause the custom searches to save indefinintely at the top of the queue unless manually deleted.  
Agreed, but there is a way around it now. When you search, if you hit the Enter key, it will automatically bump your search down (as you are describing above). However, if you actually use the mouse to click to "Search Player Database" button, then your search will stay put atop the list and the current search will not be autosaved.
6/9/2012 12:07 AM
Posted by frazzman80 on 6/7/2012 4:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alebenta on 6/6/2012 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Agreed, but there is a way around it now. When you search, if you hit the Enter key, it will automatically bump your search down (as you are describing above). However, if you actually use the mouse to click to "Search Player Database" button, then your search will stay put atop the list and the current search will not be autosaved.
Really? Thanks for the info.
6/11/2012 2:12 AM
Could it be possible to preserve player hierarchies after making roster moves?

Every time I promote/demote players my hierarchies revert to defaults. Why not keep those that I have saved and allow me to insert the player I have promoted where I wish?
of 6
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.