All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page
3/16/2012 6:21 PM
The first of many screenshot mocks we'd like to show is of a revamped Manager's Office Lineup page.

All mocks show the fact we're increasing the default width of the game.

We will be offering users a user setting where you can choose to go with a one-page Manger's Office (similar to what you're used to) or a compartmentalized Manager's Office where each item has its own page.  This is an example of the latter, where user can set his lineups.

Obviously, it's a more appealing design with some graphical elements.  As lineup options change, diamond graphic updates.

You'll also notice we've moved fielding grades into the position dropdown.

The opponent scouting report has been revamped to give it a bit more focus. The "matchup" page itself will be discussed in another future topic..

The coolest new feature for this page (and many pages) is the concept of "Custom Views".  You'll notice the View dropdown above the starting lineup.  We are creating a system where we have a predefined list of views (including one for each of the views the current game has) but also the ability for each user to create their own set of custom views to be shared across all leagues.

Say you want a view including league OPS, doubles & CS.  You can create it, name it and then reference it on many pages.  Every actual stat we have will be available as well as any league stat (including playoffs vs regular season), general info and player settings.  Each user will be able to specify their default view for select pages in the game.

We are also considering adding the ability for team owners to upload team logos.  Team logo would then be part of the game header within the offices as well as other pages.

So...let's hear some feedback.  Have we missed anything?  Are there some new ideas we should include?  No idea is a bad idea, so please share.

Thank you

3/16/2012 6:24 PM
Here's the link:
click here
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
3/16/2012 6:34 PM
Looks good.  Adding team logos would be a plus, making a team more personalized.  If logos were allowed, would we upload our own?
3/16/2012 6:49 PM
I like the logo idea. Any comment on the new stadium ratings I see up top?
3/16/2012 7:24 PM
slick
3/16/2012 7:49 PM
nice
3/16/2012 8:35 PM
This is very nice.  I like the layout and the tab approach.  I do not see the pitchers information must be on a separate tab.  I am definitely looking to see more.   You comment on it, but I would like to have a scouting page that provides an opportunity to pull in not only the current team, but any team in the league.  A manager may choose to look past a current opponent as they try to set a lineup for a future series.  Thanks,
3/16/2012 9:00 PM (edited)
Nitpick: "Hierarchies" really should be spelled correctly. Also Jim Edmonds' s year in the batting order in the graphic is displayed incorrectly. Plus, several player names are misspelled.

Also, what is with those insane park factors? Are you revamping what each +1 and -1 actually means, are parks going to have that much bigger a game effect, or are you just throwing random numbers up on that part of the screen shot that have nothing to do with the actual park?

Given that all the players displayed have unrealistic stat lines, and all the misspellings, I'm guessing the last option... and overall, this is a mock-up, not an actual screenshot, so I guess it doesn't matter as much.
3/16/2012 9:21 PM
I like the look. Fresh and new. Would be nice if you would list the other teams scheduled lineup in the scouting report and not just the starting pitcher and catcher.
Maybe even provide a link when clicking on the players names from the other team in that scouting report that would show how that player has performed in the last 10 games, away games, at home, etc...
3/16/2012 9:50 PM
Another thought - you should change it so you don't have to hover over the '100%' to see if people are 5% over their PAs.
that is not iPhone or iPad compatible
3/16/2012 10:36 PM (edited)
If the player was playing out of position would the fielding show D- D -? or nothing at all.

I'd like to set individual base-running aggressiveness

I'd like to see how individual hitters do against individual pitchers in progressives, season & career
3/16/2012 10:25 PM
Posted by uncleal on 3/16/2012 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Nitpick: "Hierarchies" really should be spelled correctly. Also Jim Edmonds' s year in the batting order in the graphic is displayed incorrectly. Plus, several player names are misspelled.

Also, what is with those insane park factors? Are you revamping what each +1 and -1 actually means, are parks going to have that much bigger a game effect, or are you just throwing random numbers up on that part of the screen shot that have nothing to do with the actual park?

Given that all the players displayed have unrealistic stat lines, and all the misspellings, I'm guessing the last option... and overall, this is a mock-up, not an actual screenshot, so I guess it doesn't matter as much.
No this actually is the 199 Jim Edmonds. He was awsome!

But this looks good. Cannot wait to see more.
of 6
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.