Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

You can call it what you want.

I'll call it "less money in my pocket due to the ACA".

10/22/2014 11:47 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 11:47:00 AM (view original):

Just curious, why do you think pretax dollars should be allowed to be used to medical expenses?

I can't use pre-tax dollars to pay for my groceries or my mortgage or my heating bill.
10/22/2014 11:51 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/22/2014 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 11:09:00 AM (view original):

Wouldn't an increase in the cost of healthcare services lead to an increase the the costs of claims?

Exactly what did/does the ACA to to reign in the cost of healthcare services (which is the REAL problem with healthcare in the US)?

Realistically, "increased claims costs" means people used the insurance more often than the company had anticipated. No law can fix that.
That can be one way that "claims costs" can be increased.

They can also be increased by rising costs.  For example, a medical procedure that cost $1000 last year now costs $1250 this year.

10/22/2014 11:51 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/22/2014 11:51:00 AM (view original):

Just curious, why do you think pretax dollars should be allowed to be used to medical expenses?

I can't use pre-tax dollars to pay for my groceries or my mortgage or my heating bill.
What I think about pre-tax dollars with respect to medical expenses is irrelevant.

The point in that one of the effects of the ACA is that many people are being left with less money in their pockets.

How does that fit in with "affordable"?

10/22/2014 11:55 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
We need to exterminate the poor people

10/22/2014 12:27 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 11:55:00 AM (view original):

What I think about pre-tax dollars with respect to medical expenses is irrelevant.

The point in that one of the effects of the ACA is that many people are being left with less money in their pockets.

That subsidy was shifted somewhere else. Instead of everyone getting a tax break on $5,000, everyone is eligible for a tax break on $2500.

That's fits with affordable because the tax break subsidy money is used to subsidize low income purchasers of insurance.

10/22/2014 12:29 PM
Posted by nickbracco on 10/22/2014 12:27:00 PM (view original):

Not all of them.   We still need people to do the jobs we don't want to do.   And there are only so many people crossing the border illegally.   

But we don't have to pay for their insurance.     Well, we do now but that's another argument.   Or this one.
10/22/2014 12:34 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/22/2014 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nickbracco on 10/22/2014 12:27:00 PM (view original):

Not all of them.   We still need people to do the jobs we don't want to do.   And there are only so many people crossing the border illegally.   

But we don't have to pay for their insurance.     Well, we do now but that's another argument.   Or this one.
I love how you completely ignore that we have always paid for everyone's insurance. Health care premiums are tax deductible for businesses.

You only get upset when poor people start getting a benefit that the rich have always enjoyed.
10/22/2014 12:36 PM
Posted by The Taint on 10/22/2014 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mchales_army on 10/22/2014 3:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/21/2014 3:47:00 PM (view original):

From the email we just received from HR concerning healthcare enrollment for 2015:

Due to health care reform fees and an increase in claims costs this year, your contributions for medical coverage will increase approximately 15 percent.

Thank you, President Obama.

Cool huh?

Get everyone paying much more for their insurance and then raise the out of pocket expenses much more also, so ultimately no one can really USE their insurance.

THAT has GOT to bring prices down right?

Then start shipping sickly illegal alien children all over the country without any traceability and lastly hire a moron to be the new Ebola czar, and tahdah.

Greatest POTUS EVAH!!!
I brought the "good news" of the cost increase home to my wife yesterday,  At her job, she had just met with the rep from the third party benefits administrator that her company contracts with yesterday morning.

The rep from the benefits administrator told her that the "affordable" part of the ACA is a joke, as she was not aware of anybody whose healthcare costs have gone down under Obamacare.
I don't believe that one bit. Sounds like a company line. I know tons of people who's costs have gone down, especially small business owners.
Depends on the size of the business?

My parents are small business owners.  They are saving money, but only because the redefining of groups eligible for group coverage means they no longer employ enough people to qualify as a coverage group, so after nearly 30 years of providing 100% employer-funded insurance to their employees next fiscal year they will almost certainly be providing nothing.  Should allow them to potentially give everyone a raise, but with the way insurance costs scale it's certainly not going to be enough for everyone to purchase individual plans for themselves and their families...
10/22/2014 12:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/22/2014 12:29:00 PM (view original):

That subsidy was shifted somewhere else. Instead of everyone getting a tax break on $5,000, everyone is eligible for a tax break on $2500.

That's fits with affordable because the tax break subsidy money is used to subsidize low income purchasers of insurance.

So it's taking money out of my pocket to help subsidize somebody else's insurance.

10/22/2014 1:15 PM
Yes.  Because your tax bracket says you can afford it.
10/22/2014 1:17 PM
Awesome.

Thank you, Mr. President, for burdening America with this obscenity that completely ignores the continually rising cost of healthcare and instead only concerns itself with who's going to pay for it.
10/22/2014 1:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 1:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/22/2014 12:29:00 PM (view original):

So it's taking money out of my pocket to help subsidize somebody else's insurance.

So reducing the subsidy you were getting is "taking money out of your pocket?"

I guess.

I don't see how you can really be upset that your subsidy got smaller so that someone else could also have a subsidy.
10/22/2014 1:59 PM
Also, that quote is correct. More people having more money is great for everyone.
10/22/2014 2:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...251|252|253|254|255...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.