Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

If I'm not "the top", why is he redistributing my "wealth"?

Do you think the Obama administration has been good for the middle class?
10/22/2014 7:00 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 7:00:00 PM (view original):
If I'm not "the top", why is he redistributing my "wealth"?

Do you think the Obama administration has been good for the middle class?
He's cutting your subsidy by the effective tax rate on $2500 in order to pay for the subsidy for someone with less than you. Oh well, sometimes subsidies change. 

Yes, actually, I think he has been. The unemployment rate is under 6%. The stock market is up. Real estate has rebounded since the crash. Do you disagree?
10/22/2014 7:09 PM
That wasn't the question.  You're talking about the economy.  I'm talking about the middle class.

And for the record, seeing that the economy was deep in the shitter in 2008, I think that the three things that you mentioned above would have also occurred in a McCain and/or Romney administration.  Do you disagree?

So back to the question: do you think the Obama administration has been good for the middle class?

10/22/2014 7:44 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/22/2014 7:44:00 PM (view original):
That wasn't the question.  You're talking about the economy.  I'm talking about the middle class.

And for the record, seeing that the economy was deep in the shitter in 2008, I think that the three things that you mentioned above would have also occurred in a McCain and/or Romney administration.  Do you disagree?

So back to the question: do you think the Obama administration has been good for the middle class?

I already answered your question.
10/22/2014 7:45 PM
I asked a question about the middle class. You answered a question about the economy.
10/22/2014 8:49 PM
You asked if I thought Obama was good for the middle class. I answer clearly.

Yes, actually, I think he has been.

Sorry if you don't like the answer.
10/22/2014 9:00 PM
if i may put my 2 cents in..i completely agree with bad luck that he was strong and successful in turning around the economy from heading into a depression..he saved the auto industry and wall street has done very well all these years..the unemployment rate which is always 6-9 per cent no matter who  is in power is at the lower of the numbers .....culturally he has been progressive and helpful to gay people which in the long run will help all people...he did kill osama bin laden and under obama we have thrived with the drone program....as a big supporter of the patriot act i hope snowden rots and obama has done the right thing about security..
  i do believe that years from now he will be hailed for obamacare and it will be an essential program.
     the only issue and it is a big one that i reserve judgement becaudse it hasnt played out is iran....thats a big big big deal..we have to wait and see.
10/22/2014 9:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
kool aid is bad for tryglicerides..what I take in is well balanced.
10/23/2014 12:04 AM
Posted by dino27 on 10/22/2014 9:07:00 PM (view original):
if i may put my 2 cents in..i completely agree with bad luck that he was strong and successful in turning around the economy from heading into a depression..he saved the auto industry and wall street has done very well all these years..the unemployment rate which is always 6-9 per cent no matter who  is in power is at the lower of the numbers .....culturally he has been progressive and helpful to gay people which in the long run will help all people...he did kill osama bin laden and under obama we have thrived with the drone program....as a big supporter of the patriot act i hope snowden rots and obama has done the right thing about security..
  i do believe that years from now he will be hailed for obamacare and it will be an essential program.
     the only issue and it is a big one that i reserve judgement becaudse it hasnt played out is iran....thats a big big big deal..we have to wait and see.
I think you mean "bailed out the auto industry".    Maybe saving those jobs was a good thing.   Maybe some industries destroy themselves from the inside and the strong survive thus making it a better industry in the long run.

I'm not sure how helping gay people will help all people.   Perhaps you can elaborate. 

Killing bin Laden was symbolic.   We're all glad he's dead but I'm not sure how much good has come from it.   Seems that ISIS has taken the reins.   And they seem pretty damn dangerous too.

You will not recognize the universal healthcare that is called "Obamacare" as the same thing in 20 years.   It's here to stay but it will change drastically.
10/23/2014 9:01 AM
And, to answer tec's question, I imagine Obama has helped some in the middle class.    And made things worse for others in the middle class.  I'm not sure where "middle class" begins and ends but it's a pretty large group.
10/23/2014 9:03 AM
In other words, mike's not sure about anything, ever.
10/23/2014 9:12 AM
Yeah, that's kinda dumb anyway.    250k in NYC isn't the same as 250k in Pedunk, MS. 
10/24/2014 8:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...253|254|255|256|257...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.