All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Redesign Thread Overview
9/24/2012 8:11 PM
Posted by eastvanmungo on 9/24/2012 2:43:00 PM (view original):
I, for one, would like to be able to search a league's players by their RL numbers.  I play a lot of progs, and if I want to improve a certain aspect of my squad, I have to go team by team to see who has who.  Sure, I could look on the leaderboards for a certain stat leader, but those numbers are skewed by small sample size, and many players also don't show up at all due to a lack of PA's or IP's.

Also, on the draft page, I wouldn't mind being able to compare two or three specific players at a time.

I was actually coming on here to say the same thing - 

being able to compare 2-3 players against each other would be amazing!!!
9/25/2012 1:37 PM
I truly wish everyone drafted players from the same pool, meaning, per league, a player could only be drafted and used by one team!  There would not be ten 1908 Addie Joss players, for instance, or five 1908 Christy Mathewsons in such a league, and this would make for much better competition, in my opinion.  The league would be filled first, and then those teams would conduct their drafts in sequence, depending on their overall rating.  Rookies and lower-rated owners would enter into the draft first; the higher-rated owners would draft later. 
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
10/2/2012 11:23 PM
Any idea when the 2012 players will be released?
10/3/2012 12:20 PM
I think it normally only takes them a few days. Maybe by the weekend?
10/5/2012 12:13 PM
Posted by osbornlefty on 9/21/2012 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Is there an ETA for the redesign? I thought I had seen something about Fall 2012 somewhere, is that still what to expect?
+1

This convo has been going on forever. What's the deal?
10/16/2012 12:21 AM
Mainly, I hope WIS gets rid of whatever weird code they added maybe three years ago now, that limits the effectiveness of good pitchers and while it was added, seems to have added other unintended consequences, so player performance varies so chaotically from one season set to another for a player.
10/16/2012 12:21 AM
Mainly, I hope WIS gets rid of whatever weird code they added maybe three years ago now, that limits the effectiveness of good pitchers and while it was added, seems to have added other unintended consequences, so player performance varies so chaotically from one season set to another for a player.
10/18/2012 7:38 PM
Posted by ArlenWilliam on 10/16/2012 12:21:00 AM (view original):
That was when they decreased salaries by 10% across the board to increase the quality of players available at the OL level. The higher quality players decreases the probability of matching RL numbers, while the variables of AAA and ballpark selection add to the possibility of meeting or exceeding RL stats, so in general, players tend to not meet RL numbers but the other variables create a wider range of possible outcomes for each player/season.

So, in short, they decreased salaries which led to lower effectiveness from players (pitchers get hit the most as the ballpark effects and the number of quality pitchers is limited) and the simultaneous change in AAA valuations led to increased variability among players...
10/26/2012 2:27 AM
J4M,

I'll take your word on that, but they also simply decreased the effectiveness of pitchers, perhaps according to a curve that hits the best pitcher-seasons the hardest.
11/5/2012 5:40 PM
I've not played this game as long as most of the others commenting here but, one thing I've seen is hitters: well below their fatigue factor (say in the 65 to 80% range) playing entire games and getting 3 or more hits; and: pitchers: playing well below their fatigue factor pitching complete games. What's with this?
11/5/2012 5:42 PM
Also, I totally agree with others that have commented above. Make the game realistic. Pretty don't count.
11/14/2012 10:29 PM
Whatever is causing the offensive explosion needs to be changed.
11/15/2012 12:23 AM
performance enhancing?
11/20/2012 3:25 PM
Can we edit posts in the forum from the League Office page so when auto correct on our phone inserts words we don't want we don't look like complete morons!
of 4
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Redesign Thread Overview

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.