How is TOC salary cap calculated? Topic

I want to start trying to draft teams for a future TOC success.  But I am unclear on how TOC salary cap is calculated.

MY first two questions are:

1) do AAA players count as $200K or their actual value of the underlyng player they represent?
2) do players left in AAA at the transaction deadline count towards the cap, or only players on your final 25 man roster?

Tnakns in advance for your help Simleague veterans. :o)

6/23/2012 1:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Just to clarify your answer contrarian23, for example I have an AAA second baseman on my major league roster in a TOC platooning with another, drafted, player. Does his salary:

1. count as 200K

2. not count at all since he is not considered to be on the  major league roster even  though he plays nearly every game

3. count as his actual historical salary in the year he played ? 
6/23/2012 1:50 PM
6/23/2012 2:14 PM
Thanks Contrarian! 

PS  Having my "$80-ish" million value team going up against  "$90-ish" million teams has gotten  old for me after 2 TOC's   :o)

Hopefully I can join a theme league that will give me the shot at building a "TOC-ready" team! :o)
6/23/2012 2:35 PM
smixsell, take a look at some of pfattkatt's theme leagues, he is good at constructing them for precisely that objective.

And thank you profcake. 
6/23/2012 2:51 PM
I opened a $100 MIL Theme league a while ago in which there was no AAA, hence no added value, and no DH, which would be a waste of money in a OL TOC . This was designed to have a good fighting chance in a TOC OL's would normally participate in, that is $100 MIL. The WS winner of this Theme won the TOC, and the WS runner up came in second. Now I'm sure that was something of a fluke, but these teams are, or should be, considerably better than a normal $80 MIL OL team. There are currently two of these exact leagues currently available to join. Now I understand this Theme exploits the current TOC salary structure, but it is not against the rules, and does give someone a legitimate chance at winning a TOC which is something everybody would like to do.
6/24/2012 7:48 PM
Thanks contrarian. When I originally created this Theme a lot of players kept inquiring about adding AAA players, you pick WAA, etc. Some simply did not not understand that the real value of AAA is calculated in, not the $200K price tag, so any AAA puts you over the $100 MIL mark and defeats the purpose.
6/25/2012 1:59 AM
how do you know what TOC cap you play in? do you have to do the calculations manually?
6/26/2012 1:18 PM
I just won my first TOC using a Theme League $100M team with no AAA.  It positioned me right at the top of the $100M threshold but interestingly enough my toughest challenge came from an $80M OL team.  You just never know.
6/27/2012 5:35 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 6/26/2012 1:18:00 PM (view original):
how do you know what TOC cap you play in? do you have to do the calculations manually?
Yes, if you have AAA on your active roster. 

For example, your team in the Jimmy Carter prog has an active salary of 53,265,633.  From what I can tell 4 players on your active roster are AAA.  So subtract 800,000 from the previous total (4 x 200,000), then ADD the real value of those 4 AAA. 

If the total salary is under 60M, the team would be placed in a 60M TOC; if it's even 1 dollar over 60M, you're in a 70M TOC. (No chance that you'd make an 80M TOC, since those 4 AAA are below average).
6/27/2012 6:37 PM
Well I hope you are doing this with your squad Crazy, since you may win it all, good luck and thanks for the tips.
6/27/2012 8:52 PM
My team has already been placed in an 80M TOC, which isn't good for me.  My active roster is 69M, plus 2 below average AAA worth about 1.5M each, so that's a 72M team.  I don't especially like my chances, but then most prog teams get killed in TOCs anyway.  

Oh, I also don't like my chances in the World Series.  I don't think my 93-win team is going to knock of its third straight 100+ win opponent...
6/27/2012 8:55 PM
123 Next ▸
How is TOC salary cap calculated? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.