Edmonds World is a private league, consistently in the top in fantasy world rankings. We have had little turnover (under 5 teams) for the history of the league.
This league has no restrictions. We expect you to field minor league staffs and have them healthy. The competition is very good with many core owners that have been here for years.
We are looking for experienced owners who are looking to commit to the league long-term. Here are our league rules, designed to keep our league competitive, without any unnecessary restrictions on owners.
1) Teams are expected to win at least 55 games each major league season. Any owner who fails to meet the minimum win total will be evaluated for the future impact on the league. Owners will be asked to explain the reasoning for their lack of success,and any owner found to be tanking will be dismissed by the league. (Subject to league input and commissioner decision.)
2) Owners need to maintain healthy pitching staffs at the ML level.Teams starting pitchers more than 3 games at less than 50% will be put on probation, after 7 games they will be removed from the league.
3) All owners are expected to keep MiL pitching staff's at healthy levels. Owners who fail to field competitive MiL teams will be notified, failure to make improvements within 3 actual days will result in removal.
4) If you do not check in within 7 days without notice, I will notify you of being on probation. If you do not respond or check back in within 10 total days, you will be removed from the league. Owners exceeding 7 days without checking in multiple times during a season will be removed from the league.
5) If the league feels that you are acting in an unethical or cheating manner, you may be removed.
Interested owners - please sitemail me to get the approval process started.
We have 3 openings, detailed team information below.
New Orleans Card Sharks - whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
AL team, top 10 in offense, bottom half in defense. This team has talent, just needs the right owner to get it pointed upward. The team has the 15th pick in the draft , and last year had $82 m in payroll.
Nashville Nine - whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
AL Team, bottom half in offense and pitching. This team has some talent in pitching, but desperately needs some bats. The team has the 8th overall pick, and last year had $50m in payroll.
Burlington Moose - www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
AL Team, bottom half in both pitching and batting. This is a team with talent, desperately in need of some consistency. The team has the 9th pick overall, and last year had a $66m payroll.
St. Louis Steamers - www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
AL Team, top 10 pitching team, but lacking on the offensive side. This team has the 10th pick this season, and last season had a $103m payroll.
San Francisco Gold Rush - whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx
NL Team, middle of the road in both pitching and hitting. Just under .500 the past 3 years, but one of the youngest teams in the league. This team has the 13th pick in the draft pick next season, and has 40 million committed in salary for next season.