All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Classifieds > The Real Dirt, on Dirt.
8/29/2012 12:14 PM
Posted by caesari on 8/27/2012 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Here it is...

Step Up To The Plate.
8/30/2012 8:37 PM
Joe Cronin fell into Niagra Falls -- most likely drunk at the time. Nicknamed ‘doghouse’ for the dog house in CF he used to hit so many homeruns to.

There at least one pitcher in the HOF with more walks than K's...can you name one?
8/31/2012 2:33 PM

Ted Lyons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_LyonsCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1955. He owns the ... He is also the only Hall of Fame pitcher who gave up more walks than he had strikeouts.
8/31/2012 2:34 PM
I decided to amswer this as we are Full!
8/31/2012 3:25 PM
Posted by rooskie on 8/31/2012 3:24:00 PM (view original):
This is us:

adreid; Arte; axtell; ballgame43; blanch13; bluenoser44; caes717; clinds30; cyben5150; gators55; kelly_mccann; litigator01; mark102857; mikemiele; mmiller989; mmeier; npg32433; pat007ohmss; peachbase; pwesseler; rayman2112; robboogi; rooskie; rootgargle; rugrat; sermonauthor; slurie2001; sonneyboy2000; spursbasebal; tpbik; Thunderclese
Season 23 Owner list!
8/31/2012 6:50 PM
I'm fairly certain that it is Ed Delahanty and not Joe Cronin that "fell" into the Niagara River
9/11/2012 9:11 PM
Posted by mirky on 8/31/2012 6:50:00 PM (view original):
I'm fairly certain that it is Ed Delahanty and not Joe Cronin that "fell" into the Niagara River
OMG! You are quite correct sir. Typed it into my notes incorrectly. So much for my powers of trivia.
11/1/2012 2:52 PM
Posted by caes717 on 8/28/2012 3:37:00 PM (view original):
The first thing I remembers the game that I love. 
A man on the diamond with a golden glove, 
daddy with me in the cheap seats above sayin 'boy keep your eye on the ball'. 
The crack of the bat, the stadiums roar, 
we were up on our feet for the tie-breaking score. 
I said 'daddy I know what you brought me here for' he said 'good I hoped you'd hear the call' 

Life's a fastball, belt high,
coming right down the middle.
Don't stand there and let it go bye 

swing hard and aim for the stands! 

My field of dreams was covered in stone, 
an old gravel Parkin' lot next to our home. 
Dad on the mound until the daylight was gone, 
sayin 'boy keep your eye on the ball' cause it's "hey batter, hey batter, swing batter, swing" the world is an infield always chattering. 
If you don't concentrate they'll spoil your timing, 
and you'll walk away cussing them all. 

Life's a fastball, belt high, 
coming right down the middle. 
Don't stand there and let it go bye, 
swing hard and aim for the stands!
If anybody has any information on who this owner really is I would appreciate a site mail as he came into our league, traded away key players to owners and then vanished. I believe he is part of a group of owners who planned it all out. admin will be researching this also; thanks!
11/15/2012 3:44 PM
Posted by caesari on 8/26/2012 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mmiller989 on 8/25/2012 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rooskie on 8/20/2012 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sermonauthor on 8/20/2012 12:39:00 PM (view original):

Just one question Mr Commish, sir . . .

with all the Hall of Famers and baseball greats' names still available . . . .

how did we end up with a name like . . .

*gulp* . . . .

DIRT ?

It is where the games are played and and the grass grows. It is what a batter kicks to cover the plate and a manger kicks at an umpires shoes; not to mention the cerimonious rubbing up of the balls with it and scratching out a nice spot in it in front of the rubber. And never forget it's whay you're going to eat some of when sliding head first into a bag, or the plate. Tha infamous brush back pitch will make you hit it from time to time. Without it what would the game be?
I feel a warmth occurring...rubbing...scratching...eating. I have a strange urge to pick up my wife's copy of 50 shades of gray.
Your wife's copy... Suuuuuuuure.
This guy and another guy teamed up as Caes717, joined the league, demolished a franchise with trades; can you spell COLLLUSION and then proceeded to not check in requiring me to call on the previous owner to run it, who was sandleaguer, and was astonished at how a league could let all the bad trades happen which started a war.

WIS shouod kick out this guy and his cohort for the collusion they participated in, undermining the league. Nuff said I won'r be back to look and see what happens as I am done with HBD.
11/15/2012 10:03 PM
I'd like to challenge that statement- while it is true we forgot about the team, in no way did we destroy it with two EVEN trades.
of 2
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Classifieds > The Real Dirt, on Dirt.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.