MLB102034 - Choose a player who was traded during an off-season post WWII (1945-present)... Then draft a team of players who were teammates of that player in the seasons surrounding the trade, twisted to any season in their careers. $120MM cap. DH AL only, AAA, no waiver wire. Name your team incorporating your traded player's name. Stadium must be one of the two team's home stadium from the two seasons.
Info that doesn't fit in the theme summary:
(1) No clones
(2) No trades
(3) Any player/teams/year combo used will be unique to the league, and any future seasons (blacklist - see below). However, the direction of the trade is what's exclusive. For example, in the 1984/85 off-season, Rickey Henderson was traded from the A's to the Yankees, so the SIM team would be comprised of players from the '84 A's and '85 Yankees; if someone claims that team, it does not preclude someone else from using Jose Rijo, who was traded in the reverse direction, and would make a team comprised of the '84 Yankees and '85 A's.
(4) For players who were traded more than once in an off-season, you can only use the teams he actually played for to build your team - i.e. in 2003/04, Mike Lamb was traded from the Rangers to the Yankees, and then the Yankees to the Astros; that SIM team can only be comprised of the '03 Rangers and '04 Astros.
(5) If a player was traded during the off-season, and then traded again mid-season, you can only use the teams that were involved in the off-season trade.
(6) Your main player must be on your roster - again, twisted to any season in his career.
(7) You don't have to decide AL (DH) or NL (no DH) when you claim your team - but when you enter your team in the league, let the Commish (ssupfoo) know which league you want either in the forum or by sitemail. Only entering the league claims your spot in either league. If one league fills before the other, the only option will be what's left. First-come, first-served on AL vs. NL.
CLAIM YOUR PLAYER IN THE FORUM! You must claim your player in the forum. If you enter a team that uses a player that someone has already claimed in the forum, your team will be put back into the draft center. NOTE: Claiming a player in the forum only entitles you to that player - it doesn't necessarily entitle you to a spot in the league - that's first-come, first-served. As the league gets close to filling, make sure you get your team in so you don't get shut out.
1. jkorn - Maury Wills, 1966/67 Dodgers/Pirates
2. greggo72 - Brian Jordan, 2001/02 Braves/Dodgers
3. fatboydad54 - Allie Clark, 1947/48 Yankees/Indians
4. derek2hof - Jae Weong Seo, 2005/06 Mets/Dodgers
5. ronblood - Bob Locker, 1972/72 A's/Cubs
6. steve9955 - Denny Neagle, 1998/99 Braves/Reds
7. jjper1 - Ken McKenzie, 1963/64 Cardinals/Giants
8. euzly - Sterling Hitchcock, 1995/96 Yankees/Mariners
9. dodgebob - Charlies Hayes, 1997/98 Yankees/Giants
10. bluesguy - Early Wynn, 1957/58 Indians/White Sox
11. elduro25 - Kevin Brown, 2003/04 Dodgers/Yankees
12. winterhawk - Rocky Colavito, 1959/60 Indians/Tigers
1. ssupfoo - Rolando Roomes 1988/89 Cubs/Reds
2. dlchow - Carl Everett, 2001/02 Red Sox/Rangers
3. elleryq - Al Gettel, 1946/47 Yankees/Indians
4. dvorr80 - Reggie Jackson, 1975/76 A's/Orioles
5. mamxet - Ivan DeJesus, 1984/85 Phillies/Cardinals
6. coachgreat1 - Gene Nelson, 1986/87 White Sox/A's
7. finn2030 - Endy Chavez, 2008/09 Mets/A's
8. matt121888 - Gino Cimoli, 1958/59 Dodgers/Cardinals
9. splitter24 - Jerry Davanon, 1970/71 Cardinals/Orioles
10. dcates - Vada Pinson, 1968/69 Reds/Cardinals
11. baines03 - Joe Nathan, 2003/04 Giants/Twins
12. bottomlee - Bob Ojeda, 1985/86 Red Sox/Mets
Roberto Alomar, 2001/02 Indians/Mets
Felipe Alou1963/64 Giants/Braves
Joaquin Andujar, 1985/86 Cardinals/A's
Don Baylor, 1985/86 Yankees/Red Sox
Jack Billingham, 1977/78 Reds/Tigers
Steve Carlton, 1971/72 Cardinals/Phillies
Chico Fernandez, 1956/57 Dodgers/Phillies
Wayne Granger, 1968/69 Cardinals/Reds
Marquis Grissom, 1994/95 Expos/Braves
Tom Haller, 1967/68 Giants/Dodgers
Randy Johnson, 2004/05 Diamondbacks/Yankees [CHAMPIONS - SEASON 1]
David Justice, 1996/97 Braves/Indians
John Kennedy, 1966/67 Dodgers/Yankees
Jim Leyritz, 1996/97 Yankees/Angels
Kenny Lofton, 1996/97 Indians/Braves
Roger Maris, 1966/67 Yankees/Cardinals
Joe Morgan, 1971/72 Astros/Reds
Jamie Moyer, 1988/89 Cubs/Rangers
Jesse Orosco, 1987/88 Mets/Dodgers
Frank Robinson, 1965/66 Reds/Orioles
Frank Robinson, 1971/72 Orioles/Dodgers
Preacher Roe, 1947/48 Pirates/Dodgers
Pete Smith, 1993/94 Mets/Braves
Dick Tracewski, 1965/66 Dodgers/Tigers