11/24/2012 10:02 PM
I have played HD a decent been in the past and have had a little success at best. I've decided to come back. I have never really been able to recruit star players or build up a big time program over time. I am currently playing with Whitworth in Knight. I am just looking for some general advice as to how to build the program and advance up the ranks. I've coached big time AAU and been involved with D1 programs so I know the game pretty well. Any advice via the forum or sitemail is much appreciated. Thank you!
11/24/2012 11:47 PM
Read the guide how to win at d2 and d3
11/25/2012 1:19 AM
Then pick a mentor from the list provided in the forum for any and all specific questions.
11/25/2012 1:41 AM
Rule #1 - Forget real life. HD is similar in many respects but it must be treated as its own entity. For example, FCP offense and Press defense are played as full-time sets in this game. Substitution patterns quite often are 5 out, 5 in. Time-outs are thrown in almost randomly in many cases and are not used at seemingly appropriate times. There is no way to assign defensive stoppers to a specific offensive player other than doubleteams. There are other differences but these will give you an idea of what to expect. Play the game by the "game" rules and not real life logic.

Rule #2 - As noted, read aejones post on how to win at DII and DIII and also read the Coach Billy G. interview. From the My Locker page, click on the Editorial drop-down box then click on Interviews.

Rule #3 - Athleticism and Speed dominate this game closely followed by Defense. Key core areas are of course very important but not at the expense of those skills.

Rule #4 - As noted, go to the pinned section at the top of this forum and find the post on Mentors. Sitemail anyone on that list with questions. Also, ask questions on this forum. You will get good info most of the time.

Rule #5 - Have fun, it's a game.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.