Update News - Game Plans Topic

Here is the new Game Plan page.  You may notice that playbook management has been removed from this page, as both offensive and defensive playbooks will be managed on their own pages.  This page is now strictly used to setting a team's game plans.

Other changes:
  • Winning/Losing fixed conditions of 1 point or more and X minutes remaining.  This is to alleviate some confusion and make sure we have plans for winning and losing.  If you want to run your Main playbook in these conditions, just copy your settings from Main and it is the same.  (as such, the optional condition slots have been increased to 4)
  • Addition of a Tied condition.  If you have ever tried to set specific setting for a tied condition before, you'll know why this was added.
  • Clock Management added to the conditional settings rather than the engine assuming what you want.
  • Fourth Down settings have been moved to the conditional settings rather than being tied to your active playbook's Basic Offense Pass Aggressiveness setting.  This means you can use the same playbook under different conditions while having different fourth down preferences.  This is about the only place we still use the Aggressiveness setting, but what is in the FAQ will remain valid.
  • Should be obvious, but offensive and defensive playbooks are now completely separate.

I've also added some PBP text when your game plan changes in the game:

"Otterbein College offensive game plan - LOSING by 10 or more with 4 minutes or less - Playbook Standard I-Formation - Conserve Clock"

You will only see these messages for your own team.

I might not have said it before, but we will be working on on-page help as well as updating the FAQ and Player Guide to help with all of these changes.

12/4/2012 6:13 PM
Good stuff again... thanks Norbert!
12/4/2012 6:31 PM
12/4/2012 7:16 PM
Love the clock management settings
12/4/2012 7:26 PM
This looks great. To say I am excited for this update is an understatement.
12/4/2012 7:56 PM
nice work...can you please take me off the kill list now? thanks!
12/4/2012 8:51 PM
Looks good! I'm excited to see the Formations page.
12/4/2012 9:41 PM
Stoked... That word describes my feelings.
12/4/2012 9:55 PM
12/4/2012 10:01 PM
Posted by mal247 on 12/4/2012 8:51:00 PM (view original):
The first rule of the kill list is... you never get off the kill list.

12/4/2012 10:16 PM
Norbert, I must admit I expected good things from the update, everything you've shown us so far is above and beyond what I expected. Great work, and I have no doubt that the effort you are putting in is going to save GD! I feel like a kid right before Christmas!
12/4/2012 10:34 PM

12/4/2012 10:37 PM
Very nice thanks!
12/5/2012 12:23 AM
Posted by mal247 on 12/4/2012 8:51:00 PM (view original):
The first rule of the kill list is... you never get off the kill list.

lol !!!!
12/5/2012 3:40 AM
Great stuff Norbert!! This is the most helpful thus far as it allows us to actually manage our play by play instead of crossing our fingers and hoping it works out in the clutch.
12/5/2012 3:41 AM
123 Next ▸
Update News - Game Plans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.